choose?

  • tadam3000 <tadam3000@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
      hey, trying to code a class ability that grants a bonus equal to the
      class level to any one knowledge skill. I tried the following and it
      is giving me a choice of two, not one, knowledge skills, and it isn't
      being added as any bonus.

      ###Knowledge Focus
      #Name Type Visible Required Class Special Ability
      Multiple? Choose Bonus
      Knowledge Focus TYPE:KnowledgeFocus VISIBLE:NO PRECLASS:Elven HSO=2
      SA:Knowledge Focus(%CHOICE) MULT:NO
      CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.KNOWLEDGE BONUS:SKILL|(%CHOICE)|CL

      any help would be much appreciated
      tom
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
        Two things:

        1) you want LIST in the BONUS statement. So BONUS:SKILL|LIST|....

        2)CL can only be by itself on a CLASS line. You want CL=<name of class>

        So I'd say CL=Elven HSO considering your PRECLASS...

        All together: BONUS:SKILL|LIST|CL=Elven HSO

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Team
        LST Silverback (Data)

        > hey, trying to code a class ability that grants a bonus equal to the
        > class level to any one knowledge skill. I tried the following and it
        > is giving me a choice of two, not one, knowledge skills, and it isn't
        > being added as any bonus.
        >
        > ###Knowledge Focus
        > #Name Type Visible Required Class Special Ability
        > Multiple? Choose Bonus
        > Knowledge Focus TYPE:KnowledgeFocus VISIBLE:NO PRECLASS:Elven HSO=2
        > SA:Knowledge Focus(%CHOICE) MULT:NO
        > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.KNOWLEDGE BONUS:SKILL|(%CHOICE)|CL
        >
        > any help would be much appreciated
        > tom
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
          Doesn't he need a NUMCHOICES in the CHOOSE statement too?

          Or is that only if you want more than one choice??

          Barak
          Output Sheet Chimp
          LST Gibbon

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
            Tir, Barak
            Thanks, with both of your answers it works just fine. I had to guess
            on NUMCHOICES (didn't someone mention that that is undocumented?) but
            it works.

            Another question:
            Is there any way to have the knowledge skill I apply the BONUS to to
            show up the skill list without selecting ALL, even if the character
            has no ranks in it?

            Tom
          • Ian Dale <ian_dale@hotmail.com>
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9, 2003
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "tadam3000 <tadam3000@y...>"
              <tadam3000@y...> wrote:
              > Tir, Barak
              > Thanks, with both of your answers it works just fine. I had to guess
              > on NUMCHOICES (didn't someone mention that that is undocumented?) but
              > it works.
              >
              > Another question:
              > Is there any way to have the knowledge skill I apply the BONUS to to
              > show up the skill list without selecting ALL, even if the character
              > has no ranks in it?
              >
              > Tom

              None => Only those you have ranks in
              Untrained => None + those you can use untrained
              All => All skills available

              Since you can't know something without learning about it, Knowledge
              skills aren't available untrained, so you have to take ranks for them
              to be usable.

              To get the chosen skill to show up, you'd need to give ranks in it,
              instead of a bonus, so that the character has learned something about
              that topic and can therefore Know about it. :)

              -Ian
            • tadam3000 <tadam3000@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 9, 2003
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Dale <ian_dale@h...>"
                <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "tadam3000 <tadam3000@y...>"
                > <tadam3000@y...> wrote:
                > > Tir, Barak
                > > Thanks, with both of your answers it works just fine. I had to guess
                > > on NUMCHOICES (didn't someone mention that that is undocumented?) but
                > > it works.
                > >
                > > Another question:
                > > Is there any way to have the knowledge skill I apply the BONUS to to
                > > show up the skill list without selecting ALL, even if the character
                > > has no ranks in it?
                > >
                > > Tom
                >
                > None => Only those you have ranks in
                > Untrained => None + those you can use untrained
                > All => All skills available
                >
                > Since you can't know something without learning about it, Knowledge
                > skills aren't available untrained, so you have to take ranks for them
                > to be usable.
                >
                > To get the chosen skill to show up, you'd need to give ranks in it,
                > instead of a bonus, so that the character has learned something about
                > that topic and can therefore Know about it. :)
                >
                > -Ian

                Would it be possible to do some sort of .MOD to relable the skill as
                UNTRAINED:YES from the feat file?

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 9, 2003
                  <tadam3000@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Dale <ian_dale@h...>"
                  > <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
                  > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "tadam3000 <tadam3000@y...>"
                  > > <tadam3000@y...> wrote:
                  > > > Tir, Barak
                  > > > Thanks, with both of your answers it works just fine. I had to
                  guess
                  > > > on NUMCHOICES (didn't someone mention that that is
                  undocumented?) but
                  > > > it works.
                  > > >
                  > > > Another question:
                  > > > Is there any way to have the knowledge skill I apply the BONUS to to
                  > > > show up the skill list without selecting ALL, even if the character
                  > > > has no ranks in it?
                  > > >
                  > > > Tom
                  > >
                  > > None => Only those you have ranks in
                  > > Untrained => None + those you can use untrained
                  > > All => All skills available
                  > >
                  > > Since you can't know something without learning about it, Knowledge
                  > > skills aren't available untrained, so you have to take ranks for them
                  > > to be usable.
                  > >
                  > > To get the chosen skill to show up, you'd need to give ranks in it,
                  > > instead of a bonus, so that the character has learned something about
                  > > that topic and can therefore Know about it. :)
                  > >
                  > > -Ian
                  >
                  > Would it be possible to do some sort of .MOD to relable the skill as
                  > UNTRAINED:YES from the feat file?
                  >
                  > Tom

                  Off the top of my head, I would have to say "No" for doing a .MOD to
                  an individually-selected skill. (Might be possible, but I haven't seen
                  anything that looked riht.)

                  You could .MOD all Knowledge skills to have UNTRAINED:YES, but that
                  might be as close as you'd currently be able to get. Hopefully if I'm
                  wrong, someone'll come by and correct me. :)

                  -Ian