Adding a new skill

  • mythicsilk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2005
      I'd like to add a new Profession skill for one of my NPCs. Using the
      LST editor option in PCGen seemed smarter than editing a file
      directly, so I copied the built-in Profession(Hunter) skill and
      changed the name. I was then able to select it as a class skill for my
      Expert NPC. The skill now shows up in the skill list, and I can select
      it and use the add ranks option. However, the ranks in the skill
      always show as zero, no matter how many I add.

      Is there something in the LST editor (other than the skill name) that
      I need to change in order to make the skill work normally? Or do I
      need to manually edit a LST file after all? I'm using 5.8.0 Stable.

      Thanks,
      Skip