Innate Choice?

  • Chris Dudley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
      How would you code this?

      "The (class) can cast bull's strength or cat's grace once per day."

      I have this:

      SPELLS:Sorcerer|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Bull's Strength|Cat's Grace

      But won't that give the character the ability to cast each one once per day?
      I want it to be a choice, he can either cast one OR the other, once per day,
      chosen at the time of casting.
    • Chris Dudley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
          If you really want to do that correctly with the way we have things....

          Make a spell called "Bull's Strength of Cat's Grace" or something like that.
          You can do that by copying one of the spells, comparing what is the same,
          and then changing the different parts (prob. just the DESC) to state both.
          Leave the CLASSES/DOMAINS tags blank (so it won't show up on any class
          list).

          Then reference that new spell in your SPELLS tag.

          Cheerios,

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
        • Chris Dudley
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
            From: "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...>
            > If you really want to do that correctly with the way we have things....
            >
            > Make a spell called "Bull's Strength of Cat's Grace" or something like
            that.
            > You can do that by copying one of the spells, comparing what is the same,
            > and then changing the different parts (prob. just the DESC) to state both.
            > Leave the CLASSES/DOMAINS tags blank (so it won't show up on any class
            > list).
            >
            > Then reference that new spell in your SPELLS tag.

            I didn't know CLASSES/DOMAINS was optional. I'll give that a shot. Thanks.