Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Problem with Cost after equip mods

  • Truth
    Message 1 of 57 , May 31, 2005
      On 6/1/05, Reed Thornton <reed.thornton@...> wrote:
      > I'm just starting to look into this, but something that I suspect
      > might be the case is that you are running into rounding errors where
      > PCGen is attempting to determine the per unit cost, coming up with a
      > decimal value, and rounding up. This is due to some of the weird
      > rounding rules the WotC has in D&D. Take arrows, 20 costs 1 gold. Make
      > them masterwork (+300 gold per 50 for ammunition). The logical result
      > would be that 1 master arrow costs 6.05 gold (1/20 + 300/50). The game
      > answer is that it costs 7 gold. Some how, even though there are
      > denominations smaller than gold, you can't use them for that and
      > 1/20th of a gold piece is one gold piece. I wish I could use that
      > kind of accounting. :-)

      Just out of curosity: Where does it state this in the RSRD? (I haven't
      been able to find it myself yet).

      --
      Truth.
      There is no religion higher than the Truth.
      Message 57 of 57 , Jun 3, 2005
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "norris_the_monk"
        <norris_the_monk@h...> wrote:
        > Guys,
        > Use any of my stuff you wish, just include PK Lucas AKA norris_the_monk
        > in the credits and I'm happy :-)
        >
        > PK Lucas ( norris_the_monk@h...)

        Thanks, your homeworld stuff looks alot further along than the other.

        We'll make sure you get credited.