[PCGenListFileHelp] Problem with Cost after equip mods

  • Neil Phillips
    Message 1 of 57 , May 26, 2005
      Hi All,

      Got a silly little problem.

      I have an item, 50 rounds of bullets cost 250.

      I want to add a mod, Flechette to the item.

      The cost modifier is 2.

      Therefore the expected final cost should be 500.

      I tried

      1. COST:BASECOST*2 and got 25250.

      2. COST:2 and got 350.

      3 COST:BASECOST and got 12750

      I suspect that 1 is actually basecost + basecost*baseqty, i.e.
      (250*50*2)+250= 12750.

      I suspect that 2 is actually basecost + 2*baseqty, i.e. 250 + (2*50).

      I suspect that 3 is actually basecost + basecost*baseqty, i.e. (250*50)+250=
      12750.

      I tried DEFINE:QTY|BASEQTY COST:(BASECOST/QTY)*2*QTY in the hope of
      catching the baseqty and working out a price per unit cost then doing some
      math on it.

      However I got a java number format exception, Message: for input string
      "NaN"

      So I guess that the Define is not catching the baseqty, despite the final
      cost using the baseqty.

      So any guesses how I can do it?

      The final part of the problem as you will have already guessed is that the
      baseqty is not always 50.

    • taluroniscandar
      Message 57 of 57 , Jun 3, 2005
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "norris_the_monk"
        <norris_the_monk@h...> wrote:
        > Guys,
        > Use any of my stuff you wish, just include PK Lucas AKA norris_the_monk
        > in the credits and I'm happy :-)
        >
        > PK Lucas ( norris_the_monk@h...)

        Thanks, your homeworld stuff looks alot further along than the other.

        We'll make sure you get credited.