Unearthed Arcana - Adaptive Learning Feat

  • David
    Message 1 of 38 , May 3, 2005
      I've been told that most of the UA is now OGL, so I can ask this question
      here.

      I am trying to code the Adaptive Learning Feat that the Human Paragon uses.
      The Paragon gets to choose 10 skills that are now Class skills and 1 of
      those skills is considered a Class skill regardless of what future classes
      the PC takes.

      I have coded the following in the class file: (new lines are tabs)

      1
      SA:Adaptive Learning ~ Choose one skill that will always be treated as a
      class skill
      ADD:CLASSSKILLS(ANY)10
      ADD:FEAT(Adaptive Learning)

      And the following in the hidden feats file: (new lines are tabs)

      Adaptive Learning
      TYPE:General
      CHOOSE:SKILLLIST|LIST
      CSKILL:%CHOICE

      Now the add:classskills(any)10 lets me choose the 10 class skills and works
      fine. The add:feat(adaptive learning) sortta works. It allows me to pick up
      to 3 skills (since a 1st level human has 2 + this feat), of any skill. There
      has got to be a way to limit the selection to only 1 choice, and just the
      current set of skills for the PC.

      Help! Please...

      -- david
      Papa-DRB
    • Bahamut
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 1, 2014
        Mate,

        One of the nice things about 5e, domain spells just add to your spell list and are considered always readied.

        This is how I would do it, and I am not an official pcgen type, they may come back with a superior method.

        Here is a template to model for each domain:
        Domain Name
        KEY:Arcane Disciple ~ DOMAIN NAME
        CATEGORY:Internal
        TYPE:Arcane Disciple Domain Selection
        SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|SPELLCASTER.Arcane=1|DomainSpellForLevel1|SPELLCASTER.Arcane=2|DomainSpellForLevel2|etc...

        If you like copy/paste and find/replace, grab all the domain SPELLLEVEL entries and swap out the 'DOMAIN' for 'CLASS', and then the Domain Name for the SPELLCASTER.Arcane= entry.

        For the feat
        BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Arcane Disciple Domain Selection|1
        CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
        MULT:YES
        STACK:YES

        For the abilitycategory
        ABILITYCATEGORY:Arcane Disciple Domain Selection
        CATEGORY:Internal
        TYPE:Arcane Disciple Domain Selection
        EDITABLE:YES
        EDITPOOL:NO
        DISPLAYLOCATION:Feats
        VISIBLE:QUALIFY

        Now, to go see if I have this set up in my own copy. Hope that helps you out mate.

        Best,

        On 10/1/2014 6:47 PM, jarod_silverstar@... [PCGenListFileHelp] wrote:

        Actually, I am interested in this as well.
        Have a character I am playing that has the Arcane Disciple feat.

        Here is the description:
        Arcane Disciple
        [General]
        (Complete Divine p79)
        Know (religion): 4 ranks
        Spellcraft: 4 ranks
        Able to cast Arcane spells
        Same alignment as your Patron deity
        Spells from of your Patron Deity’s Domains are added to your Arcane spell list. You may memorize or
        spontaneously cast one per level each day. The availability of the spell is based on your Wisdom (i.e., you
        must have a Wisdom of 10 + spell level to use a given spell) and all save DC’s are calculated from your
        Wisdom score.
        You may take this feat more than once. Each time, you gain a different Domain from you Patron Deity.

        --
        ~BD
        https://github.com/BahamutDragon