Re: Weapon Groups and Exotic Weapon Feats

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2005
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Reed Thornton
      <reed.thornton@g...> wrote:
      > On 4/28/05, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
      > > > Does anyone have any better ideas?
      > >
      > > Have you tried PREWEAPONPROF:1,TYPE=HeavyBlades?
      > >
      > > Paul W. King
      > > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
      >
      > I think he wants a general Exotic weapon proficiency that requires the
      > appropriate group prof before being able to take the EWP. That would
      > need a dynamic TYPE in the PREWEAPONPROF or some reasonable facsimile
      > thereof. Of course, that can also get interesting when you look at
      > some of the double weapons :-)
      >
      > I'm not sure how to handle that off the top of my head.

      Fairly simple, if a little nit of work - create multiple Exotic Weapon
      Prof feats, one for each weapon group, with the appropriate
      PREWEAPONPROF tag in each and VISIBLE:QUALIFY. Need to add an extra
      weaponprof feat for the affected weapons specific to the new feats as
      well. Then the character will only be able to select the EWP's they
      qualify for.

      EX.
      Heavyblade Exotic Weapon Proficiency
      OUTPUTNAME:Exotic Weapon Proficiency
      TYPE:General.Fighter
      VISIBLE:QUALIFY
      PREWEAPONPROF:1,TYPE=HeavyBlades (this might should be PREFEAT)
      PREATT:1
      DESC:See Text
      MULT:YES
      CHOOSE:ExoticHeavyBlade
      SOURCEPAGE:Feats.rtf

      Make sure to change/add the appropriate Weapon prof entries in a
      WEAPONPROF file.