Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Stat bonus

  • Reed Thornton
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23 10:53 AM
      On 4/23/05, sorn_et <sorn@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > I'm coding the templates for Polymorph spell transformations, and need
      > to set the final stat score granted. I tried something like:
      >
      > Polymorph (Gray Render) REMOVABLE:YES
      > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|10|TYPE=NaturalArmor|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      > BONUS:STAT|STR|23|TYPE=BASE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      > BONUS:STAT|DEX|10|TYPE=BASE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      > BONUS:STAT|CON|24|TYPE=BASE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      >
      > but this is not working... just adding bonuses to current character stats.
      >
      > How to do it?
      > Thx

      Well, you are treading in deep water. What you have listed here *is*
      purely bonus. You can't quite just subtract the characters current
      stat from the bonus because that affects the bonus to the characters
      stats which changes the bonus applied which changes the... I think you
      can see where the rest of that leads.

      If what you are trying to do is *set* the stat at X look in the docs
      for .LOCK. An example of this would be the undead. I'm not sure how
      this will work with PREAPPLY but you might get lucky.

      Reed
      QA SIlverback