modifying HANDS and LEGS in a Template file

  • Scott Paul
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18 10:08 AM
      I'm trying to create templates which would allow for characters to have more than (or less
      than) 2 arms or legs.

      i tried

      HANDS:.CLEAR<tab>HANDS:1 and no luck - i could still equip a 2-handed weapon.

      is there a way to do this?

      thanks for any help

      'nog
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18 10:49 AM
        On 4/18/05 1:08 PM, "Scott Paul" <testsubject@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to create templates which would allow for characters to have more
        > than (or less
        > than) 2 arms or legs.
        >
        > i tried
        >
        > HANDS:.CLEAR<tab>HANDS:1 and no luck - i could still equip a 2-handed weapon.
        >
        > is there a way to do this?
        >
        > thanks for any help
        >
        > 'nog

        Add a BONUS:SLOTS tag to your template, BONUS:SLOTS|HANDS|2 would add 2 more
        hands.
        Tag Name: BONUS:SLOTS|x|y

        Variables Used (x): Text (Slot type)

        Variables Used (x): LIST (When used in conjunction with CHOOSE)

        Variables Used (y): Number (Number of item slots)

        What it does:
        ? Adds to the number of items usable in the defined slot.
        ? Slot Types defined are:
        ? AMULET
        ? BELT
        ? BOOT
        ? BRACER
        ? CAPE
        ? EYEGEAR
        ? GLOVE
        ? HANDS (Hands effects the number of weapons the character can wield
        - Not fully supported)
        ? HEADGEAR
        ? LEGS (Legs effects weight carry capacity if defined in GameMode -
        Not fully supported)
        ? RING
        ? ROBE
        ? SHIRT
        ? SUIT

        Example:

        BONUS:SLOTS|RING|1

        Adds one ring slot to character.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19 8:35 PM
          I tried BONUS:SLOTS|HANDS|-1 and it still let me equip a two-handed weapon. i haven't
          been able to test it further however. i see it used in the future mutation lst files but haven't
          played with those either.

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...> wrote:
          > On 4/18/05 1:08 PM, "Scott Paul" <testsubject@c...> wrote:
          >
          > > I'm trying to create templates which would allow for characters to have more
          > > than (or less
          > > than) 2 arms or legs.
          > >
          > > i tried
          > >
          > > HANDS:.CLEAR<tab>HANDS:1 and no luck - i could still equip a 2-handed weapon.
          > >
          > > is there a way to do this?
          > >
          > > thanks for any help
          > >
          > > 'nog
          >
          > Add a BONUS:SLOTS tag to your template, BONUS:SLOTS|HANDS|2 would add 2 more
          > hands.
          > Tag Name: BONUS:SLOTS|x|y
          >
          > Variables Used (x): Text (Slot type)
          >
          > Variables Used (x): LIST (When used in conjunction with CHOOSE)
          >
          > Variables Used (y): Number (Number of item slots)
          >
          > What it does:
          > ? Adds to the number of items usable in the defined slot.
          > ? Slot Types defined are:
          > ? AMULET
          > ? BELT
          > ? BOOT
          > ? BRACER
          > ? CAPE
          > ? EYEGEAR
          > ? GLOVE
          > ? HANDS (Hands effects the number of weapons the character can wield
          > - Not fully supported)
          > ? HEADGEAR
          > ? LEGS (Legs effects weight carry capacity if defined in GameMode -
          > Not fully supported)
          > ? RING
          > ? ROBE
          > ? SHIRT
          > ? SUIT
          >
          > Example:
          >
          > BONUS:SLOTS|RING|1
          >
          > Adds one ring slot to character.
          >

          > --
          > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          > ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 20 5:52 AM
            On 4/19/05 11:35 PM, "Scott Paul" <testsubject@...> wrote:

            > I tried BONUS:SLOTS|HANDS|-1 and it still let me equip a two-handed weapon. i
            > haven't
            > been able to test it further however.

            That might just be a failing in the code for equipping, not the BONUS:SLOTS
            tag. Try equipping 2 items which use the Glove slot, I think you will find
            you can only equip 1.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 20 9:12 AM
              i tried your suggestion and donned a pair of gauntlets of ogre power (the lst file has
              SLOTS:2 so it should require both hands) and i was still able to wear them?!?!?

              my BONUS:SLOTS|HANDS|-1 is in a feat file, wouldn't think that would matter though.

              i would assume that if i bought guantlets they would come in a pair (one price/listing for
              both)? is it that when i'm buying guantlets i'm really only buying one? i've been looking like
              micheal jackson in plate all these years.....

              anyway, still no luck. if anyone can straighten me out i would appreciate it.