Re: granting feats at combined class levels

  • fireflash1536
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4 8:31 PM
      That would definitely restrict the feat to the appropriate class
      levels, but would not provide for a character automatically gaining
      said feat when that level is reached. Therin lies the conundrum...

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Paul"
      <testsubject@c...> wrote:

      > i tested that code i threw up the other night myself and i couldn't
      get it to work either. it
      > will let you choose the feat but |ing it to PRECLASS just kills it.
      it won't show up on the
      > character sheet or in preview.
      >
      > the only other way i can think of is to put a
      PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER=10 line in the feat
      > itself.
      >
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "fireflash1536"
      <fyreflash@s...> wrote:

      > > But where to put that line? If i put it in a class level line, it will
      > > evaluate it only when the character reaches that level in that class.
      > > Also, the feat already has the PRECLASS tag on it. I could put a check
      > > at every level up to 10 in each class, but then I'd also have to check
      > > to see if they already received one of those feats (there are three to
      > > choose from at L10). Is there a way to say
      > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=CasterSpecial)|iff and only if SPELLCASTER level equals
      > > (not greater than) 10?
      > >

      > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Paul"
      > > <testsubject@c...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > try
      > > >
      > > > AUTOFEAT:Monkey Chuckin'|PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER=10
      > > >
      > > > just a thought, i'm playing with a similar situation with DR and
      > > BONUS:DR
      > > >
      > > > 'nog
      > > >
      > > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "fireflash1536"

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5 3:12 AM
        There's a way to do it if the feats they get are already known.

        Use a variable and VFEAT with a PREVARGTEQ inside the main feat (I *think*
        that works now).

        Main Feat
        DEFINE:FeatProgression|0
        VFEAT:Feat1|PREVARGTEQ:FeatProgression,4
        VFEAT:Feat2|PREVARGTEQ:FeatProgression,8
        VFEAT:Feat3|PREVARGTEQ:FeatProgression,12
        VFEAT:Feat4|PREVARGTEQ:FeatProgression,16
        Etc.

        Then in each class that counts towards this add a simple
        BONUS:VAR|FeatProgression|CL=<classname>.

        Again, this only works under two conditions:
        1) You know exactly which feats they get (ie they get no choice)
        2) The feats they get do not have any CHOOSE statements in them

        Barak