Changing skill costs

  • Evan Miller
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2005
      I am trying to code a feat that makes cross-class skills only cost 1 point
      per rank. However, I see no tag that would allow me to code that in the
      Feat. Is there anything that I am missing? Or does it just not exist?

      Evan
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2005
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Miller"
        <evanmiller@c...> wrote:
        > I am trying to code a feat that makes cross-class skills only cost 1
        point
        > per rank. However, I see no tag that would allow me to code that in
        the
        > Feat. Is there anything that I am missing? Or does it just not exist?
        >
        > Evan

        ADD:CLASSSKILL is the only thing I can think of off-hand. Might work
        depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

        If you're trying to change the cost of any/all cross-class skills to
        one there is a setting in Preferences to set cross-class cost I think.
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2005
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar"
          <mhgj@e...> wrote:

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Miller"
          > <evanmiller@c...> wrote:
          > > I am trying to code a feat that makes cross-class skills only
          cost 1
          > point
          > > per rank. However, I see no tag that would allow me to code that
          in
          > the
          > > Feat. Is there anything that I am missing? Or does it just not
          exist?

          > > Evan
          >
          > ADD:CLASSSKILL is the only thing I can think of off-hand. Might work
          > depending on what you're trying to accomplish.
          >
          > If you're trying to change the cost of any/all cross-class skills to
          > one there is a setting in Preferences to set cross-class cost I
          > think.

          In the preferences it says it's deprecated and to use
          SKILLCOST_CROSSCLASS int he miscinfo.lst file for the gamemode.
          The problem there is: 1) It's undocumented in the DOCS, 2) I don't
          think you can directly manipulate anything int he gamemode file from
          a feat.lst file, 3) Many of the gamemode tags don't take PRExxx
          tags. So if I could do SKILLCOST_CROSSCLASS:1|PREFEAT:1,blah in the
          misinfo.lst file for the 35e gamemode, it would work out fine. But
          I'm not even sure if that's how it should be written or if it would
          work.

          Evan
        • Evan
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 14, 2005
            <mhgj@e...> wrote:

            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Miller"
            > <evanmiller@c...> wrote:
            > > I am trying to code a feat that makes cross-class skills only
            cost 1
            > point
            > > per rank. However, I see no tag that would allow me to code that
            in
            > the
            > > Feat. Is there anything that I am missing? Or does it just not
            exist?

            > > Evan
            >
            > ADD:CLASSSKILL is the only thing I can think of off-hand. Might work
            > depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

            Oh yeah, and I thought about this, but the problem then is that
            people can put 4 rans int he skills. they still need to be treated
            as Crossclass for purposes of max ranks.

            Evan