Re: New Prestige Class

  • Mark Ludwig
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 11, 2005
      Got it, you guys rock!!
      -Mark L

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evanmiller@c...>
      wrote:

      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Ludwig"
      > <mludwig_uts@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks a ton, I've looked at the Druid entry, it lists Wild
      Empathy
      > > like this: 1 BONUS VAR|WILDEMPATHY|CL=DRUID
      > >
      > > So, if I copy this, won't PCgen just take the Druid level,
      without
      > > adding the Prc level? Is there some syntax I can use to modify
      the
      > > above line, like: 1 BONUS VAR|WILDEMPATHY|CL+Druid ??
      >
      > You were close... it just has to be
      > BONUS:VAR|WildEmpathy|CL=Whateveryouclassnameis
      >
      > When you take levels of Druid and levels in the PrC, they'll both
      add
      > to the WildEmpathy variable. If you do CL+Druid it will add your
      > Druid levels to the number it is adding each time; So a Drd4/Foo2
      > wouldn't add up to 6 for the variable, it would be 10 which would
      be
      > wrong.
      >
      > Evan
    • Mark Ludwig
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 11, 2005
        Gods, it feels like I've Hijacked the list here.

        One problem with my Prc, the Druid wildshape ability is defined level
        by level in PCgen.

        Like this:
        5 BONUS VAR|WILDSHAPE|1
        6 BONUS VAR|WILDSHAPE|1
        7 BONUS VAR|WILDSHAPE|1

        ...with a few more, plus the Elemental forms at 16th level.
        Then as SA's:
        5 SA Wildshape %/day|Wildshape
        16 SA Wildshape (elemental %/day)|EWildshape
        8 SA Wildshape Large
        11 SA Wildshape (Tiny)
        12 SA Wildshape (Plant)
        15 SA Wildshape (Huge)

        Not sure how I proceed here.

        One idea, which isn't especially elegant, is since this is the only
        Prc that I want to be able to stack, can I make a modification to the
        RSRD Druid .lst file, and have it add any levels in this (and only
        this) Prc, to the druid levels when figuring the Wildshape ability?

        I want to try it, but I'm not sure how to do it. I think I've pasted
        all the relevent lines above, anyone have time to look at them, and
        offer a suggestion, please.

        Sorry to keep bugging everyone with such a FOO-lish Prc, but if I
        can't figure this out, I'll have to fill out a Character sheet by
        hand. /shudder ;)

        Thank you again,
        -Mark L.

        <mludwig_uts@y...> wrote:

        > Got it, you guys rock!!
        > -Mark L
        >
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evanmiller@c...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Ludwig"
        > > <mludwig_uts@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Thanks a ton, I've looked at the Druid entry, it lists Wild
        > Empathy
        > > > like this: 1 BONUS VAR|WILDEMPATHY|CL=DRUID
        > > >
        > > > So, if I copy this, won't PCgen just take the Druid level,
        > without
        > > > adding the Prc level? Is there some syntax I can use to modify
        > the
        > > > above line, like: 1 BONUS VAR|WILDEMPATHY|CL+Druid ??
        > >
        > > You were close... it just has to be
        > > BONUS:VAR|WildEmpathy|CL=Whateveryouclassnameis
        > >
        > > When you take levels of Druid and levels in the PrC, they'll both
        > add
        > > to the WildEmpathy variable. If you do CL+Druid it will add your
        > > Druid levels to the number it is adding each time; So a Drd4/Foo2
        > > wouldn't add up to 6 for the variable, it would be 10 which would
        > be
        > > wrong.
        > >
        > > Evan
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 11, 2005

          > Gods, it feels like I've Hijacked the list here.

          That's what we are here for :)

          > One problem with my Prc, the Druid wildshape ability is
          > defined level by level in PCgen.
          >
          > Like this:
          > 5 BONUS VAR|WILDSHAPE|1
          > 6 BONUS VAR|WILDSHAPE|1
          > 7 BONUS VAR|WILDSHAPE|1
          >
          > ...with a few more, plus the Elemental forms at 16th level.
          > Then as SA's:
          > 5 SA Wildshape %/day|Wildshape
          > 16 SA Wildshape (elemental %/day)|EWildshape
          > 8 SA Wildshape Large
          > 11 SA Wildshape (Tiny)
          > 12 SA Wildshape (Plant)
          > 15 SA Wildshape (Huge)
          >
          > Not sure how I proceed here.
          >
          > One idea, which isn't especially elegant, is since this is
          > the only Prc that I want to be able to stack, can I make a
          > modification to the RSRD Druid .lst file, and have it add any
          > levels in this (and only
          > this) Prc, to the druid levels when figuring the Wildshape ability?
          >
          > I want to try it, but I'm not sure how to do it. I think
          > I've pasted all the relevent lines above, anyone have time to
          > look at them, and offer a suggestion, please.
          >
          > Sorry to keep bugging everyone with such a FOO-lish Prc, but
          > if I can't figure this out, I'll have to fill out a Character
          > sheet by hand. /shudder ;)
          >
          > Thank you again,
          > -Mark L.

          Question, do these levels stack with the normal wildshape similar to how
          a certain shape changing PrC in a certain druid, ranger, barbarian book
          by a certain publishing company (vagueness inserted to give plausible
          denibility)?

          One item, it is never advisible to alter the original SRD/RSRD/MSRD
          files, mainly for the reason that the next version will delete your
          alterations. Now you "can" MOD the druid from your custom lst files. But
          lets try and get yours to work completely on it's own :)

          If the wildshapes completely stack and everything, just have every level
          that your PrC adds to it have

          BONUS VAR|Wildshape|1

          And then on the levels it gets larger shapes just have what the druid
          has on it's lines for those levels. The only issues you should have is
          if the player starts taking druid levels again or switching back and
          forth. Not sure on that. This actually sounds similer to the Shifter PrC
          from the Masters of the Wild v3e book. You might want to buy that from
          CMP (I think it's $4US?), and see how they coded theirs up.

          Paul G.
        • Mark Ludwig
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 11, 2005
            Correct on all your assumptions. I thought about purchasing the CMP
            dataset containing this Prc (which shall remain nameless), just to
            see how they did it. Will the 5.6.1 CMP dataset be compatible with
            my 5.7.14 version of PCgen? I mean 5.7.14 IS backward compatible,
            right?

            One of the reasons I didn't want to do what you suggest is I would be
            switching back to Druid after 5 Prc levels. Which, if I'm not
            carefull, could really make things messy.

            Anyway,
            Thank you for the info,
            -Mark L.

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
            <paul.grosse@m...> wrote:

            > > Gods, it feels like I've Hijacked the list here.
            > >

            > That's what we are here for :)
            >
            > > One problem with my Prc, the Druid wildshape ability is
            > > defined level by level in PCgen.
            > >
            > > Like this:
            > > 5 BONUS VAR|WILDSHAPE|1
            > > 6 BONUS VAR|WILDSHAPE|1
            > > 7 BONUS VAR|WILDSHAPE|1
            > >
            > > ...with a few more, plus the Elemental forms at 16th level.
            > > Then as SA's:
            > > 5 SA Wildshape %/day|Wildshape
            > > 16 SA Wildshape (elemental %/day)|EWildshape
            > > 8 SA Wildshape Large
            > > 11 SA Wildshape (Tiny)
            > > 12 SA Wildshape (Plant)
            > > 15 SA Wildshape (Huge)
            > >
            > > Not sure how I proceed here.
            > >
            > > One idea, which isn't especially elegant, is since this is
            > > the only Prc that I want to be able to stack, can I make a
            > > modification to the RSRD Druid .lst file, and have it add any
            > > levels in this (and only
            > > this) Prc, to the druid levels when figuring the Wildshape
            ability?

            > > I want to try it, but I'm not sure how to do it. I think
            > > I've pasted all the relevent lines above, anyone have time to
            > > look at them, and offer a suggestion, please.
            > >
            > > Sorry to keep bugging everyone with such a FOO-lish Prc, but
            > > if I can't figure this out, I'll have to fill out a Character
            > > sheet by hand. /shudder ;)
            > >
            > > Thank you again,
            > > -Mark L.
            > >

            > Question, do these levels stack with the normal wildshape similar
            to how
            > a certain shape changing PrC in a certain druid, ranger, barbarian
            book
            > by a certain publishing company (vagueness inserted to give
            plausible
            > denibility)?
            >
            > One item, it is never advisible to alter the original SRD/RSRD/MSRD
            > files, mainly for the reason that the next version will delete your
            > alterations. Now you "can" MOD the druid from your custom lst
            files. But
            > lets try and get yours to work completely on it's own :)
            >
            > If the wildshapes completely stack and everything, just have every
            level
            > that your PrC adds to it have
            >
            > BONUS VAR|Wildshape|1
            >
            > And then on the levels it gets larger shapes just have what the
            druid
            > has on it's lines for those levels. The only issues you should have
            is
            > if the player starts taking druid levels again or switching back and
            > forth. Not sure on that. This actually sounds similer to the
            Shifter PrC
            > from the Masters of the Wild v3e book. You might want to buy that
            from
            > CMP (I think it's $4US?), and see how they coded theirs up.
            >
            > Paul G.
          • lonbarnett1957
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 15, 2005
              I am guessing here, but I think what you want to do is have the
              additional wildshape abilities 'stack' with the druid levels as far
              as getting the additional forms and such.

              What I would do is drop the druid definition (not sure of the exact
              syntax, but it is in the help file) and redefine it in your LST file.

              And instead of doing the bonus at the various levels do something
              like this (again not sure of the exact syntax, but you will get the
              idea).

              1 SA:Wildshape %/day|WILDSHAPE|PREVARGTEQ:CL=Druid+CL=Foo,5
              1 SA:Wildshape (Large)|PREVARGTEQ:CL=Druid+CL=Foo,8
              1 SA:Wildshape (Tiny)|PREVARGTEQ:CL=Druid+CL=Foo,11
              1 SA:Wildshape (Plant)|PREVARGTEQ:CL=Druid+CL=Foo,12
              1 SA:Wildshape (Huge)|PREVARGTEQ:CL=Druid+CL=Foo,15

              Of course if one of the requiremenets for Foo is Druid=5 then you do
              not need to change the first line from the current druid line.