Need Help with Racial Caster Spell List

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      I have a monster race that I'm trying to code. The race cast spells
      as a character of class Foo with n levels. This I have coded as
      BONUS:PCLEVEL|Foo|n. Class Foo is a spontaneous arcane spellcaster.
      Now for the tricky part. The race has access to all spells of class
      Foo, all spells of class Bar (where Bar is a divine spellcasting
      class), and Domains D1 and D2. Because the monsters of this race
      cast their spells as members of class Foo, all spells on their list
      are considered arcane spells, and do not require a divine focus.

      How would I code the spell list?

      Thanks for the help,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • ovka
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2005
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@e...>
        wrote:

        >I have a monster race that I'm trying to code. The race cast spells
        >as a character of class Foo with n levels. This I have coded as
        >BONUS:PCLEVEL|Foo|n. Class Foo is a spontaneous arcane
        >spellcaster.
        >Now for the tricky part. The race has access to all spells of class
        >Foo, all spells of class Bar (where Bar is a divine spellcasting
        >class), and Domains D1 and D2. Because the monsters of this race
        >cast their spells as members of class Foo, all spells on their list
        >are considered arcane spells, and do not require a divine focus.
        >
        >How would I code the spell list?

        Any thoughts? Is this doable?

        Thanks for the help,

        Sir George Anonymous
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2005
          If I read your request right, it sounds like these trackers:

          [ 1028487 ] [SRD] Red Dragon spellcasting
          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1028487&group_id=36
          698&atid=417819

          [ 1071603 ] grant a class part of another class' spell list
          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1071603&group_id=25
          576&atid=384722

          And if that's the case, then no, not at this time.

          Paul W. King
          TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2005
            You might be able to use SPELLLIST to add the spells to the monsters list:
            Create a new class, copying Foo to Monster Foo, replace
            BONUS:PCLEVEL|Foo|n with BONUS:PCLEVEL|Monster Foo|n and then put a
            spelllist tag in Monster Foo of:

            SPELLLIST:4|Foo|Bar|D1(Domain)|D2(Domain)

            but (there's always a but isn't there...)

            if the class is SPELLTYPE:Arcane and the TYPE on some of the spells
            from Bar and the Domains are TYPE:Divine only (rather than
            TYPE:Arcane.Divine) those spells probably won't come over. You'll need
            to .MOD those spells to add Arcane to the TYPE tag.