Re: Copying the Bard

  • artoomis
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2005
      I guess I don't know how to do the .Mod.

      I did try the SPELLLIST:1|Bard, but that did not work (maybe I did
      not put it in thw right way?).

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Pew <benpew@a...>
      wrote:
      > Have you tried .MOD on the Bard to give it the new skill points?
      I'm not
      > sure how to do the feat, but that should work for the skill points.
      > Otherwise, have you tried the SPELLIST:1|Bard that has recently been
      > discussed?

    • Benjamin Pew

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 26, 2005
          Try, in your class.lst, Bard.MOD <tab> STARTSKILLPTS:8. I think that ought
          to do the job.

          wrote:
          > Have you tried .MOD on the Bard to give it the new skill points?
          I'm not
          > sure how to do the feat, but that should work for the skill points.
          > Otherwise, have you tried the SPELLIST:1|Bard that has recently been
          > discussed?

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 26, 2005
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "artoomis" <westronic@a...>
            wrote:

            > I guess I don't know how to do the .Mod.
            >
            > I did try the SPELLLIST:1|Bard, but that did not work (maybe I did
            > not put it in thw right way?).

            I've always placed any SPELLLIST tag on the same CLASS line as
            SPELLTYPE, SPELLSTAT, etc at the end of the line.
          • artoomis
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 26, 2005
              I guess I did not do that right, either - but a think a template is
              better anyway because it lets me modify a Bard for this game only,
              not all Bards. I can't figure out why the templates worked for three
              levels, but now when I open up the character it gets 6 more extra
              skill points per level (a total of 12 extra) - very odd. If I delete
              the templates, it works the way I want. It looks like the templates
              are embedded in the character and they are counted AGAIN when I level
              up - when I remove the temple, I get 6 extra skill points as desired,
              rather than 12 if I leave it in. Weird.

              Anyway, I have a wrokaround - simply remove the templates from the
              character and I skill get my 6 extra skill poimts. It shouldn't work
              this way, but at least it is working. How very, very odd.