Re: Weird Feats

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2005
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, david allan finch
      <david.allan@f...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > There is an /SF game/ that I am working on the LST files for. I have
      > found a Feat that goes something like this ...
      >
      > "You can select any class skill you know and any non-combat *class
      > ability* and add half your total level to the roll."
      >
      > I can see how you can get the class skill but how do you get the class
      > abilities the character already has?

      It depends - if the class abilities are coded as hidden feats you can
      use CHOOSE:FEAT or CHOOSE FEATLIST depending on the coding.

      If they are coded as SA's you can (supposedly) use CHOOSE:SALIST|x.
      AFAIK this is supposed to create a chooser of the SA's the character
      has. It's undocumented though (or really, incorrectly documented) and
      I have no idea if it actually/still works.

      > Also is there a way of getting a pop dialog so that a player can add in
      > a peice of information. IE they select a Feat what needs a suplimental
      > peice of information like an NPC's name.

      You can add SA's on the fly to a character. On the summary tab select
      Abilities. Select Add next to Special Abilities. Be careful what you
      type. The remove function at one point didn't work so typo's required
      editting the pcg file to correct/remove.