Re: Can I use PREFEAT with FEATAUTO or ADD:FEAT?

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 7, 2005
      <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
      > > This used to work:
      > > VFEAT:.IF.PREFEAT:1,Evasion.THEN.Lightning Reflexes.ELSE.Evasion
      > >
      > > There may be one of those new-fangled jep statements to replace this
      > > but I've no idea what it might be.
      >
      > Yeah, but no longer - the syntax became unweildy.

      I'm not sure how an if, then, else statement becomes unwieldy but
      whatever.

      > Plus it is nasty. :p

      This is going to sound snide but -
      so functionality was removed because people didn't like the syntax ?
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2005
        > It does make sense for some things though.
        >
        > If class special abilities are done with hidden feats instead of just
        > SA:'s they can be swapped out, ala substitution levels, easily.

        Or have moster feats like "Quicken Spell Like Ability" at least be able
        to choose the specific ability and show the name of it even if there is
        no real effect on the numbers. :)

        Barak
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 7, 2005
          > > Plus it is nasty. :p
          >
          > This is going to sound snide but -
          > so functionality was removed because people didn't like the syntax ?

          Not removed - just got buggy, and never fixed.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 7, 2005
            <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
            > > > Plus it is nasty. :p
            > >
            > > This is going to sound snide but -
            > > so functionality was removed because people didn't like the syntax ?
            >
            > Not removed - just got buggy, and never fixed.

            Okay, that makes sense to me.
          • taluroniscandar
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 11, 2005
              <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
              > > This used to work:
              > > VFEAT:.IF.PREFEAT:1,Evasion.THEN.Lightning Reflexes.ELSE.Evasion
              > >
              > > There may be one of those new-fangled jep statements to replace this
              > > but I've no idea what it might be.
              >
              > Yeah, but no longer - the syntax became unweildy. Plus it is nasty. :p

              Would
              VFEAT:if(HASFEAT:Evasion,Lightning Reflexes,Evasion)
              or
              VFEAT:if(COUNT[FEATNAME=Evasion],Lightning Reflexes,Evasion)
              work?

              For that matter would
              ADD:FEAT(if(HASFEAT:Evasion,Lightning Reflexes,Evasion))1
              which was the original question.
            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 11, 2005
                On 1/11/05 11:37 AM, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:

                > Would
                > VFEAT:if(HASFEAT:Evasion,Lightning Reflexes,Evasion)
                > or
                > VFEAT:if(COUNT[FEATNAME=Evasion],Lightning Reflexes,Evasion)
                > work?
                >
                > For that matter would
                > ADD:FEAT(if(HASFEAT:Evasion,Lightning Reflexes,Evasion))1
                > which was the original question.

                Nope, as far as I know JEP works with formulas and numbers, it will treat
                these as VARs and does not return strings.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback