RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] im stuck, can any one give me adivice on how to acomplish this?

  • Chris McLaughlin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
      The following DOMAIN and SPELLS:Innate should enable you to add what you
      require.

      Regards,

      Chris

      Tag Name: DOMAIN:x

      Variables Used: Text

      What it does:

      * This grants additional domains, as listed, directly to the
      character.

      * It is a | (pipe) delimited list of names and can contain PRExxx
      tags within it immediately after the domain name in [] (brackets).

      * This forces choices - ie. it forces one or more of the users
      choices to the listed domain(s).

      * If a domain is added on top of the characters other normal domains,
      it will need to be paired with a BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x.

      Example:s

      DOMAIN:Sun

      The class gets the Sun domain added.

      DOMAIN:Sun|Law

      The class gets the Sun or law domain added.

      DOMAIN:Sun[PREDEITY:Pelor]|Law

      The class gets the Sun or law domain added if thier deity is "Pelor" or only
      Law if the deity is not "Pelor".

      Where it is used:

      Class Line.

      *** New 5.7.9

      Tag Name: SPELLS:u|[v]|[w]|x,[y]|x,[y]|z|z

      Variables Used (u): Text (name of spellbook)

      Variables Used (v): TIMES=<formula> (Cast times per day, Optional)

      Variables Used (w): CASTERLEVEL=<formula> (Sets caster level, Optional)

      Variables Used (x): Text (Spell name)

      Variables Used (y): Number or Formula (Spell DC, Optional)

      Variables Used (z): PRExxx tag

      What it does:

      * This grants the character spell like abilities.

      * The <spellbook> should never be the same name as a Class, as it
      will cause an exception in PCGen.

      * TIMES is an optional parameter and if not present will default to
      1.

      * CASTERLEVEL is an optional parameter and if not present will
      default to 1.

      * "-1" in the times per day will result in "At will" on the Output
      Sheets.

      * There should never be more than one TIMES and CASTERLEVEL tag used
      within a SPELLS tag.

      * <formula for DC> is totally optional for each spell, and fills in
      the DC value in the appropriate OS field.

      * You can apply PRExxx tags to the SPELLS tag. If a SPELLS tag
      requires multiple PRExxx statements it is "|" delimited. Some of the PRExxx
      statements have "|" delimiting in them, if a spell requires a PRExxx
      statement that has "|" delimiting in it, simply put that PRExxx statement in
      a separate SPELLS tag by itself.

      * Once one PRExxx tag is reached at the end, all subsequent fields
      must also be PRExxx tags. PRExxx's apply to the whole tag.

      * Formulas which use comma's within them should be encapsulated using
      parentheses "( )", see example.

      * Because the SPELLS tag is not associated with any one class the
      variable "CL" will not work in it.

      Examples:

      SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=3|CASTERLEVEL=(max(TL,1))|Acid
      Arrow,12+CHA|PRESTAT:1,CHA=12

      "Acid Arrow" is granted as an "Innate" spell 3 times per day if the
      character has a Charisma score of at least 12. DC is 12+CHA, and the Caster
      level is the character's level (minimum 1).

      SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=-1|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Fireball|Cure Light Wounds

      Grants "Fireball" and "Cure Light Wounds" at will with a caster level equal
      to your hitdice in the spellbook "Innate"

      SPELLS:Innate|Charm Person,15

      Grants "Charm Person" once per day, first level with a DC of 15 in the
      spellbook "Innate"

      SPELLS:Dragon|CASTERLEVEL=18|Death Ward|PRESTAT:1,WIS=20|PREALIGN:LG,NG,CG

      Grants "Death Ward" once per day with a caster level of 18 in spellbook
      "Dragon" requiring a Wisdom of 20 and any good alignment.

      SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=5|Wall of Stone

      Grants "Wall of Stone", 5 times a day at 1st level in Spellbook "Innate".

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
        In the future, when asking for data help for closed-content sources, like
        most of WotC's products, please ask the question in general terms ("I have a
        feat that does x"). Thanks.

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
      • chatkah
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
          thanks, but how do you use the choose, to get a dialog for the domain
          that you want?
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
            I honestly don't think that there's a CHOOSE for domains. And with what
            you're asking for (spell-like abilities based off of domain lists), you may
            have to do one for every domain. A more senior data monkey may be able to
            think of something else to do.

          • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
              > each idol chooses one cleric domain to represeint the portforlio it
              > claims, the idol gains the granted power of that domain. and can use
              > up to 6th level in that domain as a spell like ability. it can use
              > 1st level spells at will, 2nd and 3rd spells 3 times per day each,
              > and 4th through 6th spells once per day each.

              Notes:
              1) We currently can't separate Domain powers fron domain spell lists (I've been thinking about that, so there are some initial plans to separate it, but I haven't developed much, and it is low priority).

              2) SPELLS tag (innate spells) currently can't handle inserts from choosers. When spec'ing up the SPELLS tag, I decided to hold that part off since A) more complicated B) Choosers will be easier to standardize and implement post-CDOM as I understand it. One step at a time. I do want that functionality.

              Ok, that means you will need to re-create domains in your own form. Since this appears to be options for a race, this is best done as a template.lst

              1) Grab the DESC and other tags from a domains.lst, use that as the basis for your template. DESC converts well to SA. That does the spell powers.

              2) SPELLS tags, you'll need 3 per template (1st level at will, 2-3 3x, 4-6, 1x).

              3) TEMPLATE:CHOOSE: in the race entry, with all the templates for your different domains listed.... Be sure the names match exactly to your new template entries.

              For advanced stuff, you might consider having the templates use the SUBRACE tag so it shows on the character sheet..

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp