im stuck, can any one give me adivice on how to acomplish this?

  • chatkah
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
      im trying to convert the radiant idol from the eberon setting and
      every thing was going fine until the domain powers entry on the
      monster.

      each idol chooses one cleric domain to represeint the portforlio it
      claims, the idol gains the granted power of that domain. and can use
      up to 6th level in that domain as a spell like ability. it can use
      1st level spells at will, 2nd and 3rd spells 3 times per day each,
      and 4th through 6th spells once per day each.

      any clues on how to code this? any help would be apricieated
    • Chris McLaughlin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
        The following DOMAIN and SPELLS:Innate should enable you to add what you
        require.

        Regards,

        Chris

        Tag Name: DOMAIN:x

        Variables Used: Text

        What it does:

        * This grants additional domains, as listed, directly to the
        character.

        * It is a | (pipe) delimited list of names and can contain PRExxx
        tags within it immediately after the domain name in [] (brackets).

        * This forces choices - ie. it forces one or more of the users
        choices to the listed domain(s).

        * If a domain is added on top of the characters other normal domains,
        it will need to be paired with a BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x.

        Example:s

        DOMAIN:Sun

        The class gets the Sun domain added.

        DOMAIN:Sun|Law

        The class gets the Sun or law domain added.

        DOMAIN:Sun[PREDEITY:Pelor]|Law

        The class gets the Sun or law domain added if thier deity is "Pelor" or only
        Law if the deity is not "Pelor".

        Where it is used:

        Class Line.

        *** New 5.7.9

        Tag Name: SPELLS:u|[v]|[w]|x,[y]|x,[y]|z|z

        Variables Used (u): Text (name of spellbook)

        Variables Used (v): TIMES=<formula> (Cast times per day, Optional)

        Variables Used (w): CASTERLEVEL=<formula> (Sets caster level, Optional)

        Variables Used (x): Text (Spell name)

        Variables Used (y): Number or Formula (Spell DC, Optional)

        Variables Used (z): PRExxx tag

        What it does:

        * This grants the character spell like abilities.

        * The <spellbook> should never be the same name as a Class, as it
        will cause an exception in PCGen.

        * TIMES is an optional parameter and if not present will default to
        1.

        * CASTERLEVEL is an optional parameter and if not present will
        default to 1.

        * "-1" in the times per day will result in "At will" on the Output
        Sheets.

        * There should never be more than one TIMES and CASTERLEVEL tag used
        within a SPELLS tag.

        * <formula for DC> is totally optional for each spell, and fills in
        the DC value in the appropriate OS field.

        * You can apply PRExxx tags to the SPELLS tag. If a SPELLS tag
        requires multiple PRExxx statements it is "|" delimited. Some of the PRExxx
        statements have "|" delimiting in them, if a spell requires a PRExxx
        statement that has "|" delimiting in it, simply put that PRExxx statement in
        a separate SPELLS tag by itself.

        * Once one PRExxx tag is reached at the end, all subsequent fields
        must also be PRExxx tags. PRExxx's apply to the whole tag.

        * Formulas which use comma's within them should be encapsulated using
        parentheses "( )", see example.

        * Because the SPELLS tag is not associated with any one class the
        variable "CL" will not work in it.

        Examples:

        SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=3|CASTERLEVEL=(max(TL,1))|Acid
        Arrow,12+CHA|PRESTAT:1,CHA=12

        "Acid Arrow" is granted as an "Innate" spell 3 times per day if the
        character has a Charisma score of at least 12. DC is 12+CHA, and the Caster
        level is the character's level (minimum 1).

        SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=-1|CASTERLEVEL=TL|Fireball|Cure Light Wounds

        Grants "Fireball" and "Cure Light Wounds" at will with a caster level equal
        to your hitdice in the spellbook "Innate"

        SPELLS:Innate|Charm Person,15

        Grants "Charm Person" once per day, first level with a DC of 15 in the
        spellbook "Innate"

        SPELLS:Dragon|CASTERLEVEL=18|Death Ward|PRESTAT:1,WIS=20|PREALIGN:LG,NG,CG

        Grants "Death Ward" once per day with a caster level of 18 in spellbook
        "Dragon" requiring a Wisdom of 20 and any good alignment.

        SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=5|Wall of Stone

        Grants "Wall of Stone", 5 times a day at 1st level in Spellbook "Innate".

        _____

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
          In the future, when asking for data help for closed-content sources, like
          most of WotC's products, please ask the question in general terms ("I have a
          feat that does x"). Thanks.

          Paul W. King
          TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
        • chatkah
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
            thanks, but how do you use the choose, to get a dialog for the domain
            that you want?
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
              I honestly don't think that there's a CHOOSE for domains. And with what
              you're asking for (spell-like abilities based off of domain lists), you may
              have to do one for every domain. A more senior data monkey may be able to
              think of something else to do.

            • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
                > each idol chooses one cleric domain to represeint the portforlio it
                > claims, the idol gains the granted power of that domain. and can use
                > up to 6th level in that domain as a spell like ability. it can use
                > 1st level spells at will, 2nd and 3rd spells 3 times per day each,
                > and 4th through 6th spells once per day each.

                Notes:
                1) We currently can't separate Domain powers fron domain spell lists (I've been thinking about that, so there are some initial plans to separate it, but I haven't developed much, and it is low priority).

                2) SPELLS tag (innate spells) currently can't handle inserts from choosers. When spec'ing up the SPELLS tag, I decided to hold that part off since A) more complicated B) Choosers will be easier to standardize and implement post-CDOM as I understand it. One step at a time. I do want that functionality.

                Ok, that means you will need to re-create domains in your own form. Since this appears to be options for a race, this is best done as a template.lst

                1) Grab the DESC and other tags from a domains.lst, use that as the basis for your template. DESC converts well to SA. That does the spell powers.

                2) SPELLS tags, you'll need 3 per template (1st level at will, 2-3 3x, 4-6, 1x).

                3) TEMPLATE:CHOOSE: in the race entry, with all the templates for your different domains listed.... Be sure the names match exactly to your new template entries.

                For advanced stuff, you might consider having the templates use the SUBRACE tag so it shows on the character sheet..

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp