Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] .CLEAR. tag with PREALIGN on .MODed classes

  • Éric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
      At 20:19 2005.01.04, Glen Murie wrote:
      >I'm running into yet more trouble, though I'm slowly making progress.
      >I've finished work on the Iron Kingdoms races and languages.
      >
      >The issue I"m having now is I'm trying to use the .MOD on some classes
      >that have modified alignment requirements from the SRD versions.
      >
      >The Iron Kingdoms Druid has a required alignment of NG, TN, NE, or CE.
      >Unlike in the SRD Lawful Nuetral is not available. I thought that I
      >could do it like this:
      >
      >CLASS:Druid.MOD PREALIGN:.CLEAR.1
      >
      >But it simply shows that the Druid needs to have both the CLEAR.1 and
      >the regular set of alignments as requirments.
      >
      >I've also tried several variations moving the .CLEAR. tag around and
      >I've had no luck.

      To clear the prereq., you need to use PRE:.CLEAR. It does however clear all of the PRExxx tags so you need to reestablish any you would like to keep for your object in your .MOD line.

      Éric Beaudoin <mailto:beaudoer@...>

      "That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully
      comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh.
      Which is it, I wonder?"
      -- (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)
    • Glen Murie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
        Éric Beaudoin wrote:

        >At 20:19 2005.01.04, Glen Murie wrote:
        >

        >>I'm running into yet more trouble, though I'm slowly making progress.
        >>I've finished work on the Iron Kingdoms races and languages.
        >>
        >>The issue I"m having now is I'm trying to use the .MOD on some classes
        >>that have modified alignment requirements from the SRD versions.
        >>
        >>The Iron Kingdoms Druid has a required alignment of NG, TN, NE, or CE.
        >>Unlike in the SRD Lawful Nuetral is not available. I thought that I
        >>could do it like this:
        >>
        >>CLASS:Druid.MOD PREALIGN:.CLEAR.1
        >>
        >>But it simply shows that the Druid needs to have both the CLEAR.1 and
        >>the regular set of alignments as requirments.
        >>
        >>I've also tried several variations moving the .CLEAR. tag around and
        >>I've had no luck.
        >>

        >To clear the prereq., you need to use PRE:.CLEAR. It does however clear all of the PRExxx tags so you need to reestablish any you would like to keep for your object in your .MOD line.

        Thanks!

        I'm having a similar issue with using .CLEAR on AUTO:WEAPONPROF to clear
        a Monk's weapon proficiencies, here's how I'm trying (and failing) to
        use it.

        AUTO:WEAPONPROF.CLEAR.|Club|Handaxe|Javelin|Kama|Nunchaku|Sai|Shuriken|Siangham|Sling