.CLEAR. tag with PREALIGN on .MODed classes

  • Glen Murie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
      I'm running into yet more trouble, though I'm slowly making progress.
      I've finished work on the Iron Kingdoms races and languages.

      The issue I"m having now is I'm trying to use the .MOD on some classes
      that have modified alignment requirements from the SRD versions.

      The Iron Kingdoms Druid has a required alignment of NG, TN, NE, or CE.
      Unlike in the SRD Lawful Nuetral is not available. I thought that I
      could do it like this:

      CLASS:Druid.MOD PREALIGN:.CLEAR.1

      But it simply shows that the Druid needs to have both the CLEAR.1 and
      the regular set of alignments as requirments.

      I've also tried several variations moving the .CLEAR. tag around and
      I've had no luck.
    • Éric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
        At 20:19 2005.01.04, Glen Murie wrote:
        >I'm running into yet more trouble, though I'm slowly making progress.
        >I've finished work on the Iron Kingdoms races and languages.
        >
        >The issue I"m having now is I'm trying to use the .MOD on some classes
        >that have modified alignment requirements from the SRD versions.
        >
        >The Iron Kingdoms Druid has a required alignment of NG, TN, NE, or CE.
        >Unlike in the SRD Lawful Nuetral is not available. I thought that I
        >could do it like this:
        >
        >CLASS:Druid.MOD PREALIGN:.CLEAR.1
        >
        >But it simply shows that the Druid needs to have both the CLEAR.1 and
        >the regular set of alignments as requirments.
        >
        >I've also tried several variations moving the .CLEAR. tag around and
        >I've had no luck.

        To clear the prereq., you need to use PRE:.CLEAR. It does however clear all of the PRExxx tags so you need to reestablish any you would like to keep for your object in your .MOD line.

        Éric Beaudoin <mailto:beaudoer@...>

        "That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully
        comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh.
        Which is it, I wonder?"
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)
      • Glen Murie
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
          Éric Beaudoin wrote:

          >At 20:19 2005.01.04, Glen Murie wrote:
          >

          >>I'm running into yet more trouble, though I'm slowly making progress.
          >>I've finished work on the Iron Kingdoms races and languages.
          >>
          >>The issue I"m having now is I'm trying to use the .MOD on some classes
          >>that have modified alignment requirements from the SRD versions.
          >>
          >>The Iron Kingdoms Druid has a required alignment of NG, TN, NE, or CE.
          >>Unlike in the SRD Lawful Nuetral is not available. I thought that I
          >>could do it like this:
          >>
          >>CLASS:Druid.MOD PREALIGN:.CLEAR.1
          >>
          >>But it simply shows that the Druid needs to have both the CLEAR.1 and
          >>the regular set of alignments as requirments.
          >>
          >>I've also tried several variations moving the .CLEAR. tag around and
          >>I've had no luck.
          >>

          >To clear the prereq., you need to use PRE:.CLEAR. It does however clear all of the PRExxx tags so you need to reestablish any you would like to keep for your object in your .MOD line.

          Thanks!

          I'm having a similar issue with using .CLEAR on AUTO:WEAPONPROF to clear
          a Monk's weapon proficiencies, here's how I'm trying (and failing) to
          use it.

          AUTO:WEAPONPROF.CLEAR.|Club|Handaxe|Javelin|Kama|Nunchaku|Sai|Shuriken|Siangham|Sling