RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] PREFEAT

  • Chris McLaughlin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
      Thanks, that worked!!

      Chris

      > Foo2 PREFEAT:1,[Foo1]
      >
      > This didn't work; (it seems to require a FEAT rather than NOT a FEAT.)

      That won't work, at least by my haven't had second cup of coffee logic.
      Little variance in how the logic is read..

      The way (and LST standard way, since it is more correct) to write that is
      Foo2 !PREFEAT:1,Foo1

      Note the ! meaning NOT at the beginning. That reads "Can't meet the
      following: 1 Feat named Foo1"

      What PCGen is seeing that as: PREFEAT:1,[Foo1] "Any One feat from the
      following list, but not including Foo1" and then no list....

      Using [ ] for NOT in a PRExxx is best used when you want to do something
      like

      PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Metamagic,[Empower Spell]
      (which reads) "Any One Metamagic feat, not including Empower Spell"

      If I don't have it right, I hope Frugal or someone else will correct me.
      It's still early yet, and I'm in the middle of "holiday pricing removal" for
      thousands of items.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

    • Chris McLaughlin
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
        Thanks, that worked!!

        Chris

        To for a not condition, the PRExxx statement should be preceeded by a !. So

        in your case:

        Foo2 !PREFEAT:1,Foo1

        Evan