Expanding the Character's Spell Selection List

  • wcrawford69 <wcrawford@comcast.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 18 1:33 PM
      I'm creating a unique PrC that adds certian Druid spells to a
      character's spell list without giving any spell progression. These
      spells would be using the same slots as the character's Cleric
      spells use, is there a way to do this so that PCGen lists those
      added spells?
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 18 8:34 PM
        Unless I'm totally foggy:

        Class A adds only certain spells from Class B to Class C's spell list?   No, that isn't possible right now.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Team
        LST Silverback (Data)
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 18 8:40 PM
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-
          gwaith@l...> wrote:
          > Unless I'm totally foggy:
          >
          > Class A adds only certain spells from Class B to Class C's spell
          list? No, that isn't possible right now.

          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen Team
          > LST Silverback (Data)

          Nope, you aren't totally foggy. You have it exactly right. Since
          there is at least one non-SRD PrC that does this as well, maybe I'll
          ask for a FREQ. Thanks for the reply.
        • wcrawford69 <wcrawford@comcast.net>
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 19 1:08 PM
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "wcrawford69
            <wcrawford@c...>" <wcrawford@c...> wrote:
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-
            > gwaith@l...> wrote:
            > > Unless I'm totally foggy:
            > >
            > > Class A adds only certain spells from Class B to Class C's spell
            > list? No, that isn't possible right now.
            > >
            > > Tir Gwaith
            > > PCGen Team
            > > LST Silverback (Data)
            >
            > Nope, you aren't totally foggy. You have it exactly right. Since
            > there is at least one non-SRD PrC that does this as well, maybe
            I'll
            > ask for a FREQ. Thanks for the reply.

            Just a thought, but would this work (please correct the syntax if I
            have it wrong, too)?

            Spell Name[tab]CLASSES:Druid=x|Ceric=x[PRECLASS:PrC=x]
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 20 2:20 AM
              That would sorta work.  No choice involved, so all those done that way would be automatically added.  Not elegant at all, with lots of .MODs to do.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 20 5:00 PM
                Well, it doesn't work. :( It seems that the CLASSES field doesn't
                like PRECLASS in there... I've not tried any other PRExxx tage in
                teh CLASSES field so I'm not sure if something else would work... My
                next choice is going to be a PREVAREQ tag...