Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] PREFEAT

  • Evan Miller
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
      To for a not condition, the PRExxx statement should be preceeded by a !. So
      in your case:

      Foo2 !PREFEAT:1,Foo1

      Evan

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
        tir_gwaith wrote:

        >SPELLLIST:1|Wizard should get you the list, with no options shown
        >(should work behind the scenes). Check the spell tab on that one and
        >see if you get the spells in the potential to know spells area
        >(left). Also, I'd try it using the latest Beta.
        >
        >If it isn't, then that's a bug.

        There's a bug, which I'd have known if I'd bothered to check on
        sourceforge. Sorry.

        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1018777&group_id=25576&atid=384719

      • Chris McLaughlin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
          Thanks, that worked!!

          Chris

          > Foo2 PREFEAT:1,[Foo1]
          >
          > This didn't work; (it seems to require a FEAT rather than NOT a FEAT.)

          That won't work, at least by my haven't had second cup of coffee logic.
          Little variance in how the logic is read..

          The way (and LST standard way, since it is more correct) to write that is
          Foo2 !PREFEAT:1,Foo1

          Note the ! meaning NOT at the beginning. That reads "Can't meet the
          following: 1 Feat named Foo1"

          What PCGen is seeing that as: PREFEAT:1,[Foo1] "Any One feat from the
          following list, but not including Foo1" and then no list....

          Using [ ] for NOT in a PRExxx is best used when you want to do something
          like

          PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Metamagic,[Empower Spell]
          (which reads) "Any One Metamagic feat, not including Empower Spell"

          If I don't have it right, I hope Frugal or someone else will correct me.
          It's still early yet, and I'm in the middle of "holiday pricing removal" for
          thousands of items.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp

        • Chris McLaughlin