Re: Races that cast as a class

  • tir_gwaith
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
      The Ghaele's spellcasting ability works via a separate class (which
      means it only comes into play in Default OFF mode).

      I used lots of BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1, since when I was doing them
      up, I didn't feel like testing if PCLEVEL was no longer being wonky
      with anything other than 1. (I tread lightly around spellcasting
      stuff in PCGen, and once I figured out that that format worked
      correctly with the dragons oh so long ago, I haven't been back to
      test.) Again, done in a class level, since I've seen wonkiness when
      trying to do that from another file, esp. ADD:SPELLCASTER().

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      From the current RSRD files (rsrd_classes_monsters_specific.lst)
      CLASS:Ghaele HD:8 TYPE:Monster MAXLEVEL:30
      SOURCEPAGE:MonstersG.rtf
      BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex,BASE.Willpower|CL/2+2
      BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|CL
      # Class Name Required Race Reg. Race Type
      CLASS:Ghaele PRERACE:Ghaele PRERACETYPE:Outsider
      # Class Name Skill Pts/Lvl Add INT to Skill Points?
      CLASS:Ghaele STARTSKILLPTS:8 MODTOSKILLS:YES
      1 ADD:SPELLCASTER(Cleric)1 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
      2 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
      3 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
      4 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
      5 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
      6 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
      7 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
      8 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
      9 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
      10 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1 BONUS:PCLEVEL|Cleric|1
    • David
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 6, 2005
        Latest Alpha Build for 5.7.13, Windows XP/SP1, Java java version "1.4.2_05".

        Create a character:

        A) If it is a "monster" the stats automatically get adjusted.
        B) If it is a "pc", add a level.

        In either case, you cannot *LOWER* the stats.

        Is this a bug? Or is this the way it is supposed to be?

        -- david
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 8, 2005
          I'm also seeing this functionality. Can someone explain why this is the
          case?

          Paul W. King
          TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 9, 2005
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Éric Beaudoin
            <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
            > At 13:41 2005.01.03, taluroniscandar wrote:
            > >--- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "troy_danielsus"
            > ><udalrich@c...> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> The celestial (ghaele) casts spells as a 14th level cleric.
            Using
            > >> PCGen 5.6.0 and the srd files, it appears that PCGen implements
            this
            > >> as just SA:Spells(Sp). Is there some way to get the spells tab
            to be
            > >> populated as if it were a 14th level cleric? Ideally, I could
            add a
            > >> level of cleric and then have everything look like a 15th level
            > >> cleric.
            > >>
            > >> I tried adding the following text to the race file.
            > >>
            > >> ADD:SPELLCASTER(Cleric)
            > >>
            > >Try BONUS:PCLEVEL. See the docs for the proper way to format.
            >
            > You might try "CASTAS:Cleric" and "BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Cleric| " to
            make your monster a 14th level caster.

            Thanks. ADD:SPELLCASTER(Cleric) and BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Cleric|13 let
            it cast spells as a 14th level cleric, like it was supposed to.

            > CASTAS is a CLASS tag but the monster HD (or level) are implemented
            as CLASS levels in PCGEN.

            I don't know if that will work, since I tried the above first.

            Troy