[PCGenListFileHelp]How to do temp bonus's to stats and skills

  • Terry FitzSimons
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      How to do temp bonus's to stats and skills?

      I'm trying to code a Foo meta skill. The skill for Foo Wall does +1 to
      Strength, +8 to Constitution, +3 to all saves, +4 to defense.

      Since these are temp changes I think they should appear on the character as
      temp stats when they get the skill and not as permanent ones, with probably
      a SA: to explain on why the temp stats are there.

      I've found the tags for the permanent stats and skills but can't find the
      ones for temp changes.

      --

      Terry FitzSimons
      FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
        Terry FitzSimons scribed:

        > How to do temp bonus's to stats and skills?
        >
        > I'm trying to code a Foo meta skill. The skill for Foo Wall does +1 to
        > Strength, +8 to Constitution, +3 to all saves, +4 to defense.
        >
        > Since these are temp changes I think they should appear on the character as
        > temp stats when they get the skill and not as permanent ones, with probably
        > a SA: to explain on why the temp stats are there.
        >
        > I've found the tags for the permanent stats and skills but can't find the
        > ones for temp changes.
        >
        > --
        >
        > Terry FitzSimons
        > FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

        Adding a PREAPPLY tag to the end of a BONUS tag will make it appear in the
        Temporary Bonus Tab. See the following doc pages for details:
        <http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/tabpages/players/inventory/inventorytempb
        onus.html>
        <http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalf
        ilesprexxx.html#PREAPPLY>

        Note that the name of whatever object the bonuses are in is what shows up in
        the temp bonus tab. If there are several conditions associated with the
        object you are coding or you want the name of the temp bonus to be more
        descriptive of the conditions you can make a hidden template with the name
        you want and put the temp bonuses in there, then just add the template from
        the original object. The TEMPDESC tag lets you add descriptive text which is
        displayed in the temp bonus tab when the object is selected.

        Hope that's helpful.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
          Ok that's why I can't find it. I was beginning to think it could not be
          done. Well off to the web to do some copying and saving.

          Terry