armor and movement

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2004
      Where are the data rules for the impact various armor types have on
      movement? I can't seem to find them.

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2004
        As in encumberance?

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > Where are the data rules for the impact various armor types have on
        > movement? I can't seem to find them.
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
      • Éric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2004
          At 10:55 2004.12.30, Paul W. King wrote:
          >Where are the data rules for the impact various armor types have on
          >movement? I can't seem to find them.
          >
          >Paul W. King
          >TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

          If memory serve, the armor only has impact on specific types of movement like Climb or Fly. These impact would be described with the movement type. Otherwise, it's the standard encumbrance rules that apply.

          Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
          Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
          >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
          <mailto:beaudoer@...>
        • Steven Gilroy
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 30, 2004
            If you are refering to the fact that Medium armor reduces speed by 10
            and Heavy armor reduces speed by 10 and run is only 3x then I think
            that's hard coded. I couldn't find anything in any of the .lst files
            to suggest that it's something you can modify...I think it's hard coded.

            --

            Steven Gilroy
            PCGen OS Lemur
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
              Yes, this is exactly to what I was referring. I'll enter a p7 code bug
              tracker shortly to remove the hard coding now. We can deal with freqs for
              better implementation post-5.8.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2005
                Good catch, Paul!

                We used to have a MOVE: tag in equip.lst that would reduce the
                movements, but it was a bit buggy if the character didn't start with
                a Walk speed of 30 or 20....

                We need to move Encumberance stuff I suppose totally out. Run stuff
                at this point isn't even handled in PCGen, so that is a post-5.8
                thing. The UNENCUMBEREDMOVE tag will need to be taken into account
                (there is both Armor, and normal Encumberance points on that, which
                are different).

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp