Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: CHOOSE:FEATLIST question

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 13, 2002
      Please, send me a write up of your feat as you find it in the source, verbatim (private Email.)

      I think you are making this more complicated than it is, and I need to know the exact mechanics to start thinking about it afresh.  I'm sure it can be done, just needs a new thought process from the beginning.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Team
      LST Silverback (Data)
      Because it's a general feat that anyone can take at almost any time, instead of one that only certain classes could take at certain levels.
      If it were an automatic feat/ability, then it'd be easy (ADD:FEAT, like you and Mynex said), but unfortunately, it's global, so that (at least to my understanding) adding ADD:FEAT on class lines wouldn't work.

      So far what I have is the individual subfeats working on their own, but I'd really like to have the base feat working so that I don't have to have "excess" entries in the feat list.

      The exact functionality I want is just like ADD:FEAT, except I need it in the feat context and not the class line context. :\

      -Ian

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 15, 2002
        Basically you want the Subfeats as their own, with specific Subtypes.
        Want to add that feat from a class, do an ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Foo)
        From the General Tab, there will be the different choices listed, and they can choose which one to their hearts content.  TYPEs Foo1 and Foo2, can go away when we get the expansion to COUNT[]...  There is a FReq outstanding to COUNT[FEATNAME=] instead of just FEATTYPE.

        ----
        Foo (choice1)
        TYPE:General.Foo.Foo1
        DESC:Foos stuff to this choice...
        SA:Foo this choice +%|foo1
        DEFINE:foo1|integer*COUNT[FEATTYPE=foo1]
        ----
        Foo (choice2)  TYPE:General.Foo.Foo2
        DESC:Foos stuff to this choice...
        SA:Foo this choice +%|foo2
        DEFINE:foo2|integer*COUNT[FEATTYPE=foo2]
        ----
        etc.

        That is as detailed as I'm getting on this subject, since the specific feat wanted is for a Non-permissioned source.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Team
        LST Silverback (Data)