From the MODERATOR - Group rules

  • karianna03 <MartijnV@datacom.co.nz>
    Message 1 of 42 , Dec 12, 2002
      Hi all,

      In addition to the post you get from Bryan for the state of pcgen, we
      also have the following rules for the group.

      By default people have pretty much been adhering anyhow, but please
      note the new section on asking for LST help on products that PCGEN do
      not have permission for and a new note on virus warnings.

      Please direct all queries to myself on these guidelines 8-). Yes
      we'll be merging the 2 documents soon ;p.

      Karianna
      Moderator

      LIST GUIDELINES

      Because PCGEN is an e-mail community dedicated to the (but always
      fun) discussion of PCGEN product, there are some

      ground rules which everyone needs to follow. Please read the
      following document carefully, or you will be jumped on

      by the soft pawed one!

      This list is for the discussion of all aspects of the PCGEN
      software. Please do not send any off-topic or

      otherwise unrelated posts to the PCGEN list. Please note there is a
      seperate list for LST file discussions

      (although those posts are welcome here) and a seperate list for XML
      discussions (please keep XML reklated posts

      there only).

      Please when discussing work on LST files for products we do not have
      permission for (but you are working on

      personally) do NOT mention the specific details. Ask for help
      on "Feat foo that adds 4 to the BAB", not "Feat

      xavier from <non permission source>"

      Our hope is that this list will stay as community of people willing
      to share thoughts and ideas about various

      aspects of PCGEN; Criticism and feedback on specific parts of PCGEN
      and any general issues with PCGEN is very

      appropriate for this list and actively encouraged - provided such
      feedback is well thought-out, rational, and

      promotes an open discussion of the issue in question. Although this
      list is essentially administered by those

      involved in the PCGEN project, posters will not be removed from the
      list or blacklisted simply because they are

      critical of a part of PCGEN or PCGEN in general.

      An exception to this occurs in relations to trolling, flaming and
      personal attacks. Simply put, trolling, flaming

      and personal attacks ARE NOT tolerated on the PCGEN list. Posters who
      troll, flame or attack others will be placed

      on REVIEW or removed from the list if such activity continues.
      Wherever possible, the soft pawed one and/or other

      moderators will intervene and try to nip flame wars in the bud before
      they spiral out of control.

      A few definitions:

      Trolling: posting messages designed to draw an angry response from
      those who read it

      Flame: a sarcastic, biting message, which often attacks the
      intelligence, education and/or perceptiveness of others

      and is usually designed to draw an angry response from them

      Personal attack: A negative comment in a discussion, which is
      directed at/or dealing with a person or persons

      instead of the issue at hand

      Remember that everyone on the list comes from a different background.
      We have engineers, lawyers, college students,

      and high school-age members who post on a variety of topics. Please
      respect the fact that their opinions might be

      different from yours and move on.

      In addition, please adhere to the following rules of etiquette:

      1) Please refrain from using profanity and other insulting language
      in your posts. This is to include starring out

      of letters or other forms of self-censorship.

      2) When responding to a post, make sure to quote only what is
      required. In general, do not quote more than you

      actually contribute.

      3) Do not make "me too" posts.

      4) If a post begins to move off of its original topic, PLEASE GIVE
      IT A NEW SUBJECT. (This is an especially

      important rule as the PCGEN staff who are on the list have a limited
      amount of time in which to read the messages

      sent to it.)

      5) Please keep your sig files reasonable in length. Five to six lines
      is considered reasonable.

      6) Please do not post virus warnings without the prior approval of
      the list staff.
    • Brass Tilde
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 29, 2003
        > > Looking through some of a friend's old files, the most glaring changes I
        > > can see are to the class: adding the spells to the class and eliminating
        > > the CLASSSPELL file, and adding the skills to the class and eliminating
        > > the CALSSSKILL files.
        > >
        > > Are there some other ones that the converter won't handle, or are those
        it?

        > Possibly. ;)

        Yer a big help, you are...<g/>