Rusty items.....how do I tweak?

  • Kevin Colagio <kcolagio@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2002
      I want to have some rusty items in the game (shields, swords, etc.)
      that have some value (they can be smelted back down) but, for example,
      have no AC value (AC:0) or possibly a negative attack (in the case of
      a sword).

      How would I go about coding either of those in the customEquipment.lst
      file?

      Here's what I have so far....

      BASEITEM:Shield (Small/Steel) NAME:Rusty Shield (Small/Steel)
      EQMOD:AC-1 COSTMOD:3.0

      The stats for the shield should be:
      Base Item: Shield (Small/Steel)
      Name: Rusty Shield (Small/Steel)
      AC: 0
      Cost: 3

      The stats on the swords should be:
      Base Item: Sword (Short)
      Name: Rusty Short Sword
      Attack: -1
      Damage: 1/2 normal (if I have an example, I can figure the rest out)
      Cost: 1/2 normal (I can figure that part out from the shield example).

      Thanks in advance.

      Kevin Colagio
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2002
        Rusty Shield (Small/Steel)
        BASEITEM:Shield (Small/Steel)
        COST:3
        BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE

        That should work...

        Now, for the weapon stuff, you probably want to set up a BaseMaterial equipment mod.  Sort of like the Mythril and Adamantine stuff from the DMG.

        Chief LST Chimp
        Strange Monkey
        MM Race Dragon