How to add skill or school on FEAT: tag in domain/template lst file?

  • wolf_182
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2004
      In the domain lst file, it's easy enough to add FEAT:Alertness or the
      like. But for feats such as Skill Focus, or Spell Focus that require
      a sub-category to be chosen, how can this be set? For example, if I
      want to give Spell Focus for Conjuration, or Skill Focus for Bluff
      when someone chooses the domain.

      Everything I've tried so far has failed, and I've been unable to find
      anything in the documentation or on the web...

      -Larry
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2004
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "wolf_182" <wolf_182@y...>
        wrote:

        > In the domain lst file, it's easy enough to add FEAT:Alertness or
        the
        > like. But for feats such as Skill Focus, or Spell Focus that
        require
        > a sub-category to be chosen, how can this be set? For example, if I
        > want to give Spell Focus for Conjuration, or Skill Focus for Bluff
        > when someone chooses the domain.
        >
        > Everything I've tried so far has failed, and I've been unable to
        find
        > anything in the documentation or on the web...

        Did you try FEAT:Spell Focus(Conjuration) or FEAT:Skill Focus(Bluff)?

        Evan
      • wolf_182
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 2004
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evanmiller@c...> wrote:

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "wolf_182" <wolf_182@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > In the domain lst file, it's easy enough to add FEAT:Alertness or
          > the
          > > like. But for feats such as Skill Focus, or Spell Focus that
          > require
          > > a sub-category to be chosen, how can this be set? For example, if I
          > > want to give Spell Focus for Conjuration, or Skill Focus for Bluff
          > > when someone chooses the domain.
          > >
          > > Everything I've tried so far has failed, and I've been unable to
          > find
          > > anything in the documentation or on the web...
          >
          > Did you try FEAT:Spell Focus(Conjuration) or FEAT:Skill Focus(Bluff)?
          >
          > Evan

          Evidently not. Tried all the variations on | . = and other notations.
          That seems to have done the trick though. Thanks for the help!

          -Larry
        • Evan
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2004
            wrote:

            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evanmiller@c...>
            wrote:

            > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "wolf_182"
            <wolf_182@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > >

            > > > In the domain lst file, it's easy enough to add FEAT:Alertness
            or
            > > the
            > > > like. But for feats such as Skill Focus, or Spell Focus that
            > > require
            > > > a sub-category to be chosen, how can this be set? For example,
            if I
            > > > want to give Spell Focus for Conjuration, or Skill Focus for
            Bluff
            > > > when someone chooses the domain.
            > > >
            > > > Everything I've tried so far has failed, and I've been unable
            > > find
            > > > anything in the documentation or on the web...
            > >
            > > Did you try FEAT:Spell Focus(Conjuration) or FEAT:Skill Focus
            (Bluff)?

            > > Evan
            >
            > Evidently not. Tried all the variations on | . = and other
            notations.
            > That seems to have done the trick though. Thanks for the help!

            Good! Just FYI, whenever you have those pesky feats that allow
            choices, always end the feat name with (x) where x is the choice.
            You have to do this for feats with the FEATAUTO, FEAT and ADD:FEAT
            tags since they all require a valid choice to work.

            Evan
          • Chris
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2004
              > Good! Just FYI, whenever you have those pesky feats that allow
              > choices, always end the feat name with (x) where x is the choice.
              > You have to do this for feats with the FEATAUTO, FEAT and ADD:FEAT
              > tags since they all require a valid choice to work.

              Not quite correct... :)

              ADD:FEAT will pop up a chooser for you to select the choice you want.
              I would also guess that ADD:VFEAT would exhibit the same behavior.

              The others (FEAT, VFEAT and FEATAUTO) expect to have all the
              informatiuon supplied to them as you indicated.

              Barak
            • Lange LeBlanc
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
                As a variation of this original issue; what if I have to get my Domain to do
                a ...

                Feat:Skill Focus(Craft)

                I need the Domain to add a Craft feat, but I need the domain to ask me to
                choose one specific Craft skill. This could also apply to Knowledge,
                Profession, etc.

                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "wolf_182" <wolf_182@y...>
                > wrote:
                >>

                >> In the domain lst file, it's easy enough to add FEAT:Alertness or
                > the
                >> like. But for feats such as Skill Focus, or Spell Focus that
                > require
                >> a sub-category to be chosen, how can this be set? For example, if I
                >> want to give Spell Focus for Conjuration, or Skill Focus for Bluff
                >> when someone chooses the domain.
                >>
                >> Everything I've tried so far has failed, and I've been unable to
                > find
                >> anything in the documentation or on the web...
                >
                > Did you try FEAT:Spell Focus(Conjuration) or FEAT:Skill Focus(Bluff)?
                >
                > Evan
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Kevin Brown
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
                  > As a variation of this original issue; what if I have to get my
                  > Domain to do a ...
                  >
                  > Feat:Skill Focus(Craft)
                  >
                  > I need the Domain to add a Craft feat, but I need the domain to ask
                  > me to choose one specific Craft skill. This could also apply to
                  > Knowledge, Profession, etc.

                  Domain performs the ADD:FEAT(featname)

                  Create a new feat called featname that has a choose and a bonus
                  statement in it. The choose gives you the list of choices (Craft skills
                  in this case) and the Bonus applies the modification to the selected skill.
                • taluroniscandar
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 4, 2006
                    Try
                    CHOOSE:FEATSELECT|Skill Focus(TYPE.Craft)

                    --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Lange LeBlanc"