Re: Possible to have a CHOOSE: allow selecting individual spells?

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
      Thanks, Tir. Now that you mention it, I do remember there being issues
      with SPELL: and spells that weren't loaded (the setting supports
      spells from Forgotten Realms and some other not-currently-included
      sources).

      I've tried CHOOSE:SPELLLIST, and what I got was a list of the
      character's currently-available spells. What I tried was
      "CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=3|SPELLLIST|TYPE=Psionic". (Since
      CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|... had 5 selections available, for my character's 20
      WIS.) The problems were that you couldn't remove the feat (you had to
      select three more spells) and the list was of all of the character's
      available spells (the docs do say, however, that what's after the
      SPELLLIST is ignored).

      -Ian

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
      wrote:
      > At this point, SPELL looks for Exact spellings (case sensitive). If
      it ever has a problem, it stops processing it. A long Spell tag with
      a misspelling on the first entry would prettymuch do nothing...

      > Oh, and CHOOSE:SPELLLIST is what you want. Not sure it will do
      everything you want it to, but that is what you want. I haven't
      looked into what you are trying to do, so I'm not sure if it would
      require a FReq or not.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2002
        Hm.. Some hardcoding from Spell Mastery.  Ok.  I'll discuss it with Mynex on how we want to undo that hardcoding Syntax-wise.

        Chief LST Chimp
        Strange Monkey
        MM Race Dragon