Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Possible to have a CHOOSE: allow selecting individual spells?

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2002
      At this point, SPELL looks for Exact spellings (case sensitive).  If it ever has a problem, it stops processing it.  A long Spell tag with a misspelling on the first entry would prettymuch do nothing...

      Oh, and CHOOSE:SPELLLIST is what you want.   Not sure it will do everything you want it to, but that is what you want.  I haven't looked into what you are trying to do, so I'm not sure if it would require a FReq or not.

      Chief LST Chimp
      Strange Monkey
      MM Race Dragon
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
        Thanks, Tir. Now that you mention it, I do remember there being issues
        with SPELL: and spells that weren't loaded (the setting supports
        spells from Forgotten Realms and some other not-currently-included
        sources).

        I've tried CHOOSE:SPELLLIST, and what I got was a list of the
        character's currently-available spells. What I tried was
        "CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=3|SPELLLIST|TYPE=Psionic". (Since
        CHOOSE:SPELLLIST|... had 5 selections available, for my character's 20
        WIS.) The problems were that you couldn't remove the feat (you had to
        select three more spells) and the list was of all of the character's
        available spells (the docs do say, however, that what's after the
        SPELLLIST is ignored).

        -Ian

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2002
          Hm.. Some hardcoding from Spell Mastery.  Ok.  I'll discuss it with Mynex on how we want to undo that hardcoding Syntax-wise.

          Chief LST Chimp
          Strange Monkey
          MM Race Dragon