Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Template File Woes

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
      > Now all of a sudden it isn't loading again. There should be a way to
      > force the loading of this, isn't there?

      No.

      Once it can't load something, it quits trying.

      And I for one think that's a good thing. Letting it do otherwise would
      just encourage sloppy .lst coding.

      Barak
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
        Final update to this... I commented out the templates that grant
        natural attacks and it worked finally. I did process of elimination
        and found that it is this one it doesn't like that is keeping it from

        WickedSting
        VISIBLE:NO
        NATURALATTACKS:Sting,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Piercing,*2,1d6|PREVARLT:COU
        NT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY],1
        SA:Poison Sting (Ex) - Fortitude Save DC % (Primary 1d4 Str/Secondary
        2d4 Str)|StingSaveDC
        DEFINE:StingSaveDC|0
        BONUS:VAR|StingSaveDC|10+((TL/2).TRUNC)+CON

        Now the only thing I can think of is it doesn't like the COUNT
        statement on the NATURALATTACKS line. But I pulled that right from
        one of the rsrd LST files. Unless I can't use that (or a PRExxx)
        statement with a NATURALATTACKS tag.

        Any ideas?

        Evan
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evanmiller@c...> wrote:

          > Final update to this... I commented out the templates that grant
          > natural attacks and it worked finally. I did process of elimination
          > and found that it is this one it doesn't like that is keeping it from
          >
          > WickedSting
          > VISIBLE:NO
          > NATURALATTACKS:Sting,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Piercing,*2,1d6|PREVARLT:COU
          > NT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY],1
          > SA:Poison Sting (Ex) - Fortitude Save DC % (Primary 1d4 Str/Secondary
          > 2d4 Str)|StingSaveDC
          > DEFINE:StingSaveDC|0
          > BONUS:VAR|StingSaveDC|10+((TL/2).TRUNC)+CON
          >
          > Now the only thing I can think of is it doesn't like the COUNT
          > statement on the NATURALATTACKS line. But I pulled that right from
          > one of the rsrd LST files. Unless I can't use that (or a PRExxx)
          > statement with a NATURALATTACKS tag.
          >
          > Any ideas?

          Well, you could pull the PREVAR and see if it still errors.
          I don't think I've ever seen a NATURALATTACKS tag with a PRE come to
          think of it.
        • Chris
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
            Correct, no PRExx allowed on the NATURALATTACKS tag the last time I
            checked.

            > NATURALATTACKS:Sting,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Piercing,*2,1d6|PREVARLT:COU
            > NT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY],1

            > Now the only thing I can think of is it doesn't like the COUNT
            > statement on the NATURALATTACKS line. But I pulled that right from
            > one of the rsrd LST files. Unless I can't use that (or a PRExxx)
            > statement with a NATURALATTACKS tag.
            >
            > Any ideas?

          • Evan
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
              > Correct, no PRExx allowed on the NATURALATTACKS tag the last time I
              > checked.

              Thanks. Well, I'll give a try with putting it on the TEMPLATE tag in
              the feat. Hopefully that should do the trick.
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
                [ 1056878 ] PRExxx allowed on Natural Attacks
                http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                func=detail&aid=1056878&group_id=25576&atid=384722

                Paul W. King
                TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

                > Correct, no PRExx allowed on the NATURALATTACKS tag the last time I
                > checked.
              • Frugal
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 1, 2004
                  On Fri, October 29, 2004 3:18 pm, Chris said:

                  >> Now all of a sudden it isn't loading again. There should be a way to
                  >> force the loading of this, isn't there?
                  >
                  > No.
                  >
                  > Once it can't load something, it quits trying.
                  >
                  > And I for one think that's a good thing. Letting it do otherwise would
                  > just encourage sloppy .lst coding.

                  However, it should print a great big error message detailing the filename,
                  the line number and the tag that failed to parse so that there is a great
                  big sign pointing to why the file failed to load.

                  Ideally it would bring this up in a dialog to show teh user if we are
                  running with the GUI on.

                  --
                  regards,
                  Frugal
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 1, 2004
                    > From: Frugal [mailto:frugal@...]

                    > > And I for one think that's a good thing. Letting it do otherwise
                    > > would just encourage sloppy .lst coding.
                    >
                    > However, it should print a great big error message detailing
                    > the filename, the line number and the tag that failed to
                    > parse so that there is a great big sign pointing to why the
                    > file failed to load.

                    I couldn't agree more... I've spent my share of tie looking for a space
                    hidden among the tabs and other such goofy stuff. :)

                    Barak
                  • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 1, 2004
                      Ditto here.

                      Barak, you still having problems with space-tab or tab-space? One more reason I LOVE the prettylst and UltraEdit combination. Between the two of them, it never takes me more than 5 minutes to solve ANY loading problem in LST. Well, excepting NATURALATTACKS, which may take 10 minutes.

                      Now, figuring out what a formula didn't work, or a VAR isn't tallying up correctly can take longer...

                      Tir Gwaith
                      LST Chimp

                      > > However, it should print a great big error message detailing
                      > > the filename, the line number and the tag that failed to
                      > > parse so that there is a great big sign pointing to why the
                      > > file failed to load.
                      >
                      > I couldn't agree more... I've spent my share of tie looking for a space
                      > hidden among the tabs and other such goofy stuff. :)
                      >

                      > Barak
                    • Chris
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 1, 2004
                        > Barak, you still having problems with space-tab or tab-space? One

                        Nope. Regular expression searching has taken that chore from me. :)

                        Except when I try and debug a .lst at work where I don't have an editor
                        that does that...

                        Barak
                      • notyetmousse24@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 2, 2004
                          barak sez...

                          'Except when I try and debug a .lst at work where I don't have an editor that
                          does that...'

                          Easy fix is to run such programs from a USB HD, most computers have one
                          now-a-days, and it keeps you from having to explain to your boss why program X is
                          installed.

                          NotMousse
                          TM, QA Tamarin, Made Emily Smirle laugh

                          what's the point?