Question about new sources - Plot and Poison

  • firesbane2@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
      I've been enjoying PC Gen since 2.x. I am working on implementing a
      class from "Plot and Poison - A guidebook to Drow" by Green Ronin.
      Before I go into detail about the my problems, I wanted to first
      check and see if anybody has been working on implementing this book.
      I've been banging my head against their "Fate Weaver" class off and
      on for a few months so I am hoping that one of the skilled monkeys is
      working on this book. If not, I'll be in touch asking how to fix my
      code.
      Thanks!

      --Jay
    • Eric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
        At 14:22 2004.10.11, firesbane2@... wrote:
        >I've been enjoying PC Gen since 2.x. I am working on implementing a
        >class from "Plot and Poison - A guidebook to Drow" by Green Ronin.
        >Before I go into detail about the my problems, I wanted to first
        >check and see if anybody has been working on implementing this book.
        >I've been banging my head against their "Fate Weaver" class off and
        >on for a few months so I am hoping that one of the skilled monkeys is
        >working on this book. If not, I'll be in touch asking how to fix my
        >code.
        >Thanks!
        >
        >--Jay

        Beaver, do we have permission for that one? If so, I think Eddy just got himself a new volunteer.

        Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
        >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
          firesbane2@... scribed:

          > I've been enjoying PC Gen since 2.x. I am working on implementing a
          > class from "Plot and Poison - A guidebook to Drow" by Green Ronin.
          > Before I go into detail about the my problems, I wanted to first
          > check and see if anybody has been working on implementing this book.
          > I've been banging my head against their "Fate Weaver" class off and
          > on for a few months so I am hoping that one of the skilled monkeys is
          > working on this book. If not, I'll be in touch asking how to fix my
          > code.
          > Thanks!
          >
          > --Jay

          Hi Jay
          I don't know of anyone working on this book but it is one I've recently
          found in my local used book stores bargain bin. I'd be happy to take a look
          at the problem, though I will say that publishers frequently come up with
          rules that are difficult or impossible to fully implement with PCGen's
          existing code base. Lucky for us we have some great code monkeys striving to
          make the program even better.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
            Eddy,
            Thanks for the offer of assistance. As you may of guessed by the
            month and a half delay in my response, I don't seem to have the time
            to work on this. :(
            Looks like it's back to pen and paper for my wife's character.

            --Jay

            Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:03:55 -0400
            From: Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...>
            Subject: Re: Question about new sources - Plot and Poison