Can variables be used in Tags for numerics?

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
      If a tag calls for a numeric entry, can a variable name be put in
      it's place?

      For instance, I have a feat called Studious, which allows you to
      gain an extra skill point per level, and it can be taken multiple
      times. So if I define and add a bonus to the variable
      (FeatTimesTaken) in the feat, which adds a template, in that
      template can I have it as BONUSSKILLPOINTS:FeatTimesTaken?

      Or will it only accept a number?

      I couldn't find anything on this in the documentation or in existing
      list files.

      Thanks!

      Evan
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
        Bumpity bump.

        Evan

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evanmiller@c...>
        wrote:

        > If a tag calls for a numeric entry, can a variable name be put in
        > it's place?
        >
        > For instance, I have a feat called Studious, which allows you to
        > gain an extra skill point per level, and it can be taken multiple
        > times. So if I define and add a bonus to the variable
        > (FeatTimesTaken) in the feat, which adds a template, in that
        > template can I have it as BONUSSKILLPOINTS:FeatTimesTaken?
        >
        > Or will it only accept a number?
        >
        > I couldn't find anything on this in the documentation or in
        existing
        > list files.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Evan
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
          Yes, most tags will accept DEFINEd variables.

          > > If a tag calls for a numeric entry, can a variable name be put in
          > > it's place?
          > >
          > > For instance, I have a feat called Studious, which allows you to
          > > gain an extra skill point per level, and it can be taken multiple
          > > times. So if I define and add a bonus to the variable
          > > (FeatTimesTaken) in the feat, which adds a template, in that
          > > template can I have it as BONUSSKILLPOINTS:FeatTimesTaken?
          > >
          > > Or will it only accept a number?
          > >
          > > I couldn't find anything on this in the documentation or in
          > existing
          > > list files.
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >
          > > Evan
        • Evan Miller
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
            >> > If a tag calls for a numeric entry, can a variable name be put in
            >> > it's place?
            >> >
            >> > For instance, I have a feat called Studious, which allows you to
            >> > gain an extra skill point per level, and it can be taken multiple
            >> > times. So if I define and add a bonus to the variable
            >> > (FeatTimesTaken) in the feat, which adds a template, in that
            >> > template can I have it as BONUSSKILLPOINTS:FeatTimesTaken?
            >> >
            >> > Or will it only accept a number?
            >> >
            >> > I couldn't find anything on this in the documentation or in
            >> existing
            >> > list files.
            >> >
            >> > Thanks!
            >> >
            >> > Evan
            >

            > Yes, most tags will accept DEFINEd variables.

            By defined, do you mean variables you define yourself, or the predefined
            ones?

            Evan
          • taluroniscandar
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
              > > Yes, most tags will accept DEFINEd variables.
              > >

              > By defined, do you mean variables you define yourself, or the
              predefined
              > ones?

              Both.