Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: [TM] templates and turn undead

    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 30, 2004
      Good, you saved me the trouble of bonking you.... :P

      And, no, NaturalArmor is still a normal TYPE=, it just happens to be listed
      in some sets of OS tokens and some GameMode preferences for AC types
      (flat-footed, touch, etc.)

      When talking about Hard-coding of a TYPE=, the only one I know of is
      NotRanged.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      > And after this point I got confused and started talking about TYPE tag
      > and not the TYPE that goes after a BONUS. Zheesh. Someone get me a
      > Mountain Dew.. I need to wake up. :p
      >
      > Barak
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 2, 2004
        [ 1039278 ] add a tag specifically for determining bonus stacking
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1039278&group_id=25
        576&atid=384722

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 2, 2004
          Ok, I don't understand this. Attached to BONUS statements? replacing the
          TYPE= ?

          Why exactly do we need this? TYPE= determines stacking....

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp

          > [ 1039278 ] add a tag specifically for determining bonus stacking

          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1039278&group_id=25
          > 576&atid=384722
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

        • Eric Jarman
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 3, 2004
            When I thought about it some more, I suspect that it isn't really needed.
            I was getting confused by the "TYPE=NOSTACK" entries in the lst files for turn
            undead on clerics, which has nothing to do with stacking.... Perhaps it would
            be a better idea to make an informal lst file coding standard to say that
            types would not be in all caps, while stacking rules would be in all caps.
            such as: TYPE=Nostack for the turn undead stuff. (I incorrectly assumed that
            it was an undocumented feature.)

            This mail sent through MuleMail: http://mulemail.cmsu.edu/
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 3, 2004
              > When I thought about it some more, I suspect that it isn't really needed.
              > I was getting confused by the "TYPE=NOSTACK" entries in the lst files for
              turn
              > undead on clerics, which has nothing to do with stacking.... Perhaps it
              would
              > be a better idea to make an informal lst file coding standard to say that
              > types would not be in all caps, while stacking rules would be in all caps.
              > such as: TYPE=Nostack for the turn undead stuff. (I incorrectly assumed
              that
              > it was an undocumented feature.)

              Heh. From SRD35 Cleric entry:
              BONUS:VAR|TurnTimesBase|3+CHA|TYPE=NoStack

              I had to put a TYPE in there for some request (I think someone overrides it
              somewhere, or it was a stacking issue with another class). Before it had
              not had a TYPE=.

              It isn't really an informal coding standard. More a formal LST standard....
              From the Docs, Under "Official Release LST standards"

              ------------
              RULE 4: Capitalization:

              HARDCODE = ALLCAPS.

              Defined in List files (GameMode or otherwise) = ProperCase.

              Example:

              BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=MyType

              BONUS, COMBAT, AC, and TYPE= are all hardcoded. MyType is defined in the
              List file (because it just got added!)
              ---------

              Cheerios!

              I guess this means we can delete the tracker that both Eddy and I commented
              in about not needing it. :)

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp
            • Eric Jarman
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 4, 2004
                >It isn't really an informal coding standard. More a formal LST standard....
                >>From the Docs, Under "Official Release LST standards"
                >
                >------------
                >RULE 4: Capitalization:
                >
                >HARDCODE = ALLCAPS.
                >
                >Defined in List files (GameMode or otherwise) = ProperCase.
                >
                >Example:
                >
                >BONUS:COMBAT|AC|5|TYPE=MyType
                >
                >BONUS, COMBAT, AC, and TYPE= are all hardcoded. MyType is defined in the
                >List file (because it just got added!)
                >---------

                Ok, it's the lst editor in pcgen that's showing everything in allcaps.
                (Everything is as it should be in the lst file itself.) Would it be an
                easy change to have the lst editor show things in the same case they are
                in the lst file?