Re: PRExxx allowed on LANGAUTO?

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2002
      I guess for now I'll just have templates for each region. It's only 3
      races w/ 2 regions, so it's not a lot of work, I was just hoping to
      be able to use the REGION info. But since it's fairly new -- at least
      in the global sense -- it may be a version or two before what would
      be necessary is implemented. :)

      Thanks.

      -Ian

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
      wrote:
      > Not sure if the REGION stuff will now work or how.
      >
      > The old way: TEMPLATE:CHOOSE: and a template for each variation
      within the race. Remember, you can nest TEMPLATES with other
      TEMPLATE:CHOOSE: tags (we call those called by a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE from
      another template a subtemplate.)

      > Tir Gwaith
      > Soul Reaper Silverback and List File Silverback
      > Chief LST Chimp
      > Strange Monkey
      > MM Race Dragon

    • Ian Dale
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2002
        Erg. Except that won't work, because FAVCLASS is a race-specific tag.
        Guess I may need to implement region-specific race entries for now,
        until there's more support for region checks in the files.

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2002
          It is a different tag in TEMPLATE:  FAVOREDCLASS:

          See mmcreaturetemplates.lst (in the MM folder) for an example... Look at the Drow entires. :)

          Chief LST Chimp
          Strange Monkey
          MM Race Dragon
          Erg. Except that won't work, because FAVCLASS is a race-specific tag.
          Guess I may need to implement region-specific race entries for now,
          until there's more support for region checks in the files.

          -Ian

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
          > I guess for now I'll just have templates for each region. It's only
          3
          > races w/ 2 regions, so it's not a lot of work, I was just hoping to
          > be able to use the REGION info. But since it's fairly new -- at
          least
          > in the global sense -- it may be a version or two before what would
          > be necessary is implemented. :)
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > -Ian
        • Ian Dale
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 8, 2002
            ...And there it is in the docs... *sigh* I could've sworn I looked in
            the docs for other favored class entries and didn't find any. Oh
            well, thanks! Guess it WILL work after all. ;)