Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: PRExxx allowed on LANGAUTO?

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2002
      Not sure if the REGION stuff will now work or how.

      The old way:  TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:  and a template for each variation within the race. Remember, you can nest TEMPLATES with other TEMPLATE:CHOOSE: tags (we call those called by a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE from another template a subtemplate.)

      Chief LST Chimp
      Strange Monkey
      MM Race Dragon
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2002
        I guess for now I'll just have templates for each region. It's only 3
        races w/ 2 regions, so it's not a lot of work, I was just hoping to
        be able to use the REGION info. But since it's fairly new -- at least
        in the global sense -- it may be a version or two before what would
        be necessary is implemented. :)

        Thanks.

        -Ian

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>

      • Ian Dale
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2002
          Erg. Except that won't work, because FAVCLASS is a race-specific tag.
          Guess I may need to implement region-specific race entries for now,
          until there's more support for region checks in the files.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2002
            It is a different tag in TEMPLATE:  FAVOREDCLASS:

            See mmcreaturetemplates.lst (in the MM folder) for an example... Look at the Drow entires. :)

            Chief LST Chimp
            Strange Monkey
            MM Race Dragon
            Erg. Except that won't work, because FAVCLASS is a race-specific tag.
            Guess I may need to implement region-specific race entries for now,
            until there's more support for region checks in the files.

            -Ian

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
            > I guess for now I'll just have templates for each region. It's only
            3
            > races w/ 2 regions, so it's not a lot of work, I was just hoping to
            > be able to use the REGION info. But since it's fairly new -- at
            least
            > in the global sense -- it may be a version or two before what would
            > be necessary is implemented. :)
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > -Ian
          • Ian Dale
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2002
              ...And there it is in the docs... *sigh* I could've sworn I looked in
              the docs for other favored class entries and didn't find any. Oh
              well, thanks! Guess it WILL work after all. ;)