Re: PRExxx allowed on LANGAUTO?

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7 9:14 AM
      Ack, I just found out that there's another regional difference (for
      one race): one region has an additional favored class. Multiple
      FAVCLASS tags seem to override one another (so you only have the last
      one on the line). Is there some way of getting this handled properly,
      or will I now be forced to have two different races (at least for
      this race): one for each region?

      :\

      -Ian

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
      > I don't believe that it's possible to have prerequisites on the
      > languages, but just wanted to make sure that I wasn't just missing
      > something. Example tried: LANGAUTO:Common (Merlindra)
      > |PREREGION:Merlindra. What I figure the program tried to do is to
      > load the language "Common (Merlindra)|PREREGION:Merlindra" which
      > doesn't exist.
      >
      > I may need to have a template selection based on region for the
      races
      > that have this need, but wanted to make sure that there wasn't a
      way
      > to have LANGAUTO check the region, before I went ahead and added a
      > template for the language.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > -Ian
    • Felipe F. Diniz
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7 10:31 AM
        If i recall correctly, back in 2.7.3, in Forgotten Realms, there was
        such a thing. The region where the character came from was prompted
        upon selection of a specific template, and it affected the languages
        he could select.

        And if you selected the Drow race, you were also prompted for the sex
        (as male and female have diferent fav class).

        At least, it points out that it may be done... How it is done is
        another mistery.... But this may be an idea...

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7 11:11 AM
          Not sure if the REGION stuff will now work or how.

          The old way:  TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:  and a template for each variation within the race. Remember, you can nest TEMPLATES with other TEMPLATE:CHOOSE: tags (we call those called by a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE from another template a subtemplate.)

          Chief LST Chimp
          Strange Monkey
          MM Race Dragon
          Ack, I just found out that there's another regional difference (for
          one race): one region has an additional favored class. Multiple
          FAVCLASS tags seem to override one another (so you only have the last
          one on the line). Is there some way of getting this handled properly,
          or will I now be forced to have two different races (at least for
          this race): one for each region?

          :\

          -Ian

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
          > I don't believe that it's possible to have prerequisites on the
          > languages, but just wanted to make sure that I wasn't just missing
          > something. Example tried: LANGAUTO:Common (Merlindra)
          > |PREREGION:Merlindra. What I figure the program tried to do is to
          > load the language "Common (Merlindra)|PREREGION:Merlindra" which
          > doesn't exist.
          >
          > I may need to have a template selection based on region for the
          races
          > that have this need, but wanted to make sure that there wasn't a
          way
          > to have LANGAUTO check the region, before I went ahead and added a
          > template for the language.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > -Ian
        • Ian Dale
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7 11:28 AM
            I guess for now I'll just have templates for each region. It's only 3
            races w/ 2 regions, so it's not a lot of work, I was just hoping to
            be able to use the REGION info. But since it's fairly new -- at least
            in the global sense -- it may be a version or two before what would
            be necessary is implemented. :)

            Thanks.

            -Ian

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>

          • Ian Dale
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 7 12:40 PM
              Erg. Except that won't work, because FAVCLASS is a race-specific tag.
              Guess I may need to implement region-specific race entries for now,
              until there's more support for region checks in the files.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 7 3:14 PM
                It is a different tag in TEMPLATE:  FAVOREDCLASS:

                See mmcreaturetemplates.lst (in the MM folder) for an example... Look at the Drow entires. :)

                Chief LST Chimp
                Strange Monkey
                MM Race Dragon
                Erg. Except that won't work, because FAVCLASS is a race-specific tag.
                Guess I may need to implement region-specific race entries for now,
                until there's more support for region checks in the files.

                -Ian

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
                > I guess for now I'll just have templates for each region. It's only
                3
                > races w/ 2 regions, so it's not a lot of work, I was just hoping to
                > be able to use the REGION info. But since it's fairly new -- at
                least
                > in the global sense -- it may be a version or two before what would
                > be necessary is implemented. :)
                >
                > Thanks.
                >
                > -Ian
              • Ian Dale
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 8 6:20 AM
                  ...And there it is in the docs... *sigh* I could've sworn I looked in
                  the docs for other favored class entries and didn't find any. Oh
                  well, thanks! Guess it WILL work after all. ;)