Re: [REPOST] Extra skill points at first level only?

  • Felipe F. Diniz
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 6 9:41 AM
      Good to know it worked, but based on the docs i would NEVER get near
      it. Here follows what's on the 4.1.4 docs:

      -------------------
      Tag Name:SKILLPOINTS

      Variable(s) Used:Numeric

      Example(s):BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|x

      WHAT IT DOES: Adds to the number of skill ranks gained when the
      character gains a level. Not retroactive
      -------------------

      Where should i report this for a fix? Here? Tracker? The other PCGen
      group?

      Felipe Diniz

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 6 9:55 AM
        BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|x   BONUS:<subtag>|<deliminator>|<formula>|<Optional TYPE=>|<optional PRExxx's>

        X can be a formula, but if it is dynamic, I'm not certain as to the results.
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
        wrote:
        > It's not that.
        >
        > It has to have a subtag and a delinator first.  BONUS:SKILLPOINTS
        only has one deliminator ATM: NUMBER...  that adjusts the number of
        skillpoints granted each level from that point on by the number
        given.. . It is breaking at the "2" deliminator, going not found, and
        doing nothing.

        So then would BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER=x be the proper syntax? (And
        does x need to be a constant, or can it be an expression?)

        Thanks,
        -Ian
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 6 1:35 PM
          This is good enough....  I'll try to get it fixed in tonight's release.  Alan S, Doc Monkey, if you see this, get with me on IM this weekend if possible.

          Chief LST Chimp
          Strange Monkey
          MM Race Dragon
          Good to know it worked, but based on the docs i would NEVER get near
          it. Here follows what's on the 4.1.4 docs:

          -------------------
          Tag Name:SKILLPOINTS

                      Variable(s) Used:Numeric

                                  Example(s):BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|x

          WHAT IT DOES: Adds to the number of skill ranks gained when the
          character gains a level. Not retroactive
          -------------------

          Where should i report this for a fix? Here? Tracker? The other PCGen
          group?

          Felipe Diniz

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
          > Okay, this seemed to work:
          >
          > XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
          > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|-1|PRELEVELMAX:1
          >
          > A character with +0 INT got 20 skill points at 1st level ( (4+0)
          > x4+4 ), and 6 at 2nd ( (4+0)+2 ).
          >
          > Thanks for the help, both of you. :)
          >
          > -Ian

        • Felipe F. Diniz