Re: [REPOST] Extra skill points at first level only?

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
      Okay, this seemed to work:

      XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
      BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|-1|PRELEVELMAX:1

      A character with +0 INT got 20 skill points at 1st level ( (4+0)
      x4+4 ), and 6 at 2nd ( (4+0)+2 ).

      Thanks for the help, both of you. :)

      -Ian

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-
      gwaith@l...>
      > wrote:
      > > It's not that.
      > >
      > > It has to have a subtag and a delinator first. BONUS:SKILLPOINTS
      > only has one deliminator ATM: NUMBER... that adjusts the number of
      > skillpoints granted each level from that point on by the number
      > given.. . It is breaking at the "2" deliminator, going not found,
      and
      > doing nothing.
      >
      > So then would BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER=x be the proper syntax? (And
      > does x need to be a constant, or can it be an expression?)
      >
      > Thanks,
      > -Ian
    • Felipe F. Diniz
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
        Good to know it worked, but based on the docs i would NEVER get near
        it. Here follows what's on the 4.1.4 docs:

        -------------------
        Tag Name:SKILLPOINTS

        Variable(s) Used:Numeric

        Example(s):BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|x

        WHAT IT DOES: Adds to the number of skill ranks gained when the
        character gains a level. Not retroactive
        -------------------

        Where should i report this for a fix? Here? Tracker? The other PCGen
        group?

        Felipe Diniz

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
          BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|x   BONUS:<subtag>|<deliminator>|<formula>|<Optional TYPE=>|<optional PRExxx's>

          X can be a formula, but if it is dynamic, I'm not certain as to the results.

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
            This is good enough....  I'll try to get it fixed in tonight's release.  Alan S, Doc Monkey, if you see this, get with me on IM this weekend if possible.

            Chief LST Chimp
            Strange Monkey
            MM Race Dragon
            Good to know it worked, but based on the docs i would NEVER get near
            it. Here follows what's on the 4.1.4 docs:

            -------------------
            Tag Name:SKILLPOINTS

                        Variable(s) Used:Numeric

                                    Example(s):BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|x

            WHAT IT DOES: Adds to the number of skill ranks gained when the
            character gains a level. Not retroactive
            -------------------

            Where should i report this for a fix? Here? Tracker? The other PCGen
            group?

            Felipe Diniz

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
            > Okay, this seemed to work:
            >
            > XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
            > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|-1|PRELEVELMAX:1
            >
            > A character with +0 INT got 20 skill points at 1st level ( (4+0)
            > x4+4 ), and 6 at 2nd ( (4+0)+2 ).
            >
            > Thanks for the help, both of you. :)
            >
            > -Ian

          • Felipe F. Diniz