Re: [REPOST] Extra skill points at first level only?

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
      wrote:
      > It's not that.
      >
      > It has to have a subtag and a delinator first. BONUS:SKILLPOINTS
      only has one deliminator ATM: NUMBER... that adjusts the number of
      skillpoints granted each level from that point on by the number
      given.. . It is breaking at the "2" deliminator, going not found, and
      doing nothing.

      So then would BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER=x be the proper syntax? (And
      does x need to be a constant, or can it be an expression?)

      Thanks,
      -Ian
    • Ian Dale
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
        Okay, this seemed to work:

        XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
        BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|-1|PRELEVELMAX:1

        A character with +0 INT got 20 skill points at 1st level ( (4+0)
        x4+4 ), and 6 at 2nd ( (4+0)+2 ).

        Thanks for the help, both of you. :)

        -Ian

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-
        gwaith@l...>
        > wrote:
        > > It's not that.
        > >
        > > It has to have a subtag and a delinator first. BONUS:SKILLPOINTS
        > only has one deliminator ATM: NUMBER... that adjusts the number of
        > skillpoints granted each level from that point on by the number
        > given.. . It is breaking at the "2" deliminator, going not found,
        and
        > doing nothing.
        >
        > So then would BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER=x be the proper syntax? (And
        > does x need to be a constant, or can it be an expression?)
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -Ian
      • Felipe F. Diniz
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
          Good to know it worked, but based on the docs i would NEVER get near
          it. Here follows what's on the 4.1.4 docs:

          -------------------
          Tag Name:SKILLPOINTS

          Variable(s) Used:Numeric

          Example(s):BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|x

          WHAT IT DOES: Adds to the number of skill ranks gained when the
          character gains a level. Not retroactive
          -------------------

          Where should i report this for a fix? Here? Tracker? The other PCGen
          group?

          Felipe Diniz

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
            BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|x   BONUS:<subtag>|<deliminator>|<formula>|<Optional TYPE=>|<optional PRExxx's>

            X can be a formula, but if it is dynamic, I'm not certain as to the results.

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
              This is good enough....  I'll try to get it fixed in tonight's release.  Alan S, Doc Monkey, if you see this, get with me on IM this weekend if possible.

              Chief LST Chimp
              Strange Monkey
              MM Race Dragon
              Good to know it worked, but based on the docs i would NEVER get near
              it. Here follows what's on the 4.1.4 docs:

              -------------------
              Tag Name:SKILLPOINTS

                          Variable(s) Used:Numeric

                                      Example(s):BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|x

              WHAT IT DOES: Adds to the number of skill ranks gained when the
              character gains a level. Not retroactive
              -------------------

              Where should i report this for a fix? Here? Tracker? The other PCGen
              group?

              Felipe Diniz

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
              > Okay, this seemed to work:
              >
              > XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
              > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|-1|PRELEVELMAX:1
              >
              > A character with +0 INT got 20 skill points at 1st level ( (4+0)
              > x4+4 ), and 6 at 2nd ( (4+0)+2 ).
              >
              > Thanks for the help, both of you. :)
              >
              > -Ian

            • Felipe F. Diniz