Re: [REPOST] Extra skill points at first level only?

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
      For the heck of it, I tried just using BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|5 (so it's
      obvious if there was a change), and it certainly looks like
      SKILLPOINTS isn't working. :\

      -Ian

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
        It's not that.

        It has to have a subtag and a delinator first.  BONUS:SKILLPOINTS only has one deliminator ATM: NUMBER...  that adjusts the number of skillpoints granted each level from that point on by the number given.. . It is breaking at the "2" deliminator, going not found, and doing nothing.

        Chief LST Chimp
        Strange Monkey
        MM Race Dragon

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...>
        wrote:
        > > Try this (i haven't tested my self, but...)
        > >
        > > XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
        > > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|2|PRELEVELMAX:1
        >
        > Felipe,
        >
        > Thanks, but that didn't work out, either. Doesn't seem like the
        > SKILLPOINTS are getting adjusted. :\
        >
        > -Ian
      • Ian Dale
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
          wrote:
          > It's not that.
          >
          > It has to have a subtag and a delinator first. BONUS:SKILLPOINTS
          only has one deliminator ATM: NUMBER... that adjusts the number of
          skillpoints granted each level from that point on by the number
          given.. . It is breaking at the "2" deliminator, going not found, and
          doing nothing.

          So then would BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER=x be the proper syntax? (And
          does x need to be a constant, or can it be an expression?)

          Thanks,
          -Ian
        • Ian Dale
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
            Okay, this seemed to work:

            XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
            BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|-1|PRELEVELMAX:1

            A character with +0 INT got 20 skill points at 1st level ( (4+0)
            x4+4 ), and 6 at 2nd ( (4+0)+2 ).

            Thanks for the help, both of you. :)

            -Ian

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-
            gwaith@l...>
            > wrote:
            > > It's not that.
            > >
            > > It has to have a subtag and a delinator first. BONUS:SKILLPOINTS
            > only has one deliminator ATM: NUMBER... that adjusts the number of
            > skillpoints granted each level from that point on by the number
            > given.. . It is breaking at the "2" deliminator, going not found,
            and
            > doing nothing.
            >
            > So then would BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER=x be the proper syntax? (And
            > does x need to be a constant, or can it be an expression?)
            >
            > Thanks,
            > -Ian
          • Felipe F. Diniz
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
              Good to know it worked, but based on the docs i would NEVER get near
              it. Here follows what's on the 4.1.4 docs:

              -------------------
              Tag Name:SKILLPOINTS

              Variable(s) Used:Numeric

              Example(s):BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|x

              WHAT IT DOES: Adds to the number of skill ranks gained when the
              character gains a level. Not retroactive
              -------------------

              Where should i report this for a fix? Here? Tracker? The other PCGen
              group?

              Felipe Diniz

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
                BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|x   BONUS:<subtag>|<deliminator>|<formula>|<Optional TYPE=>|<optional PRExxx's>

                X can be a formula, but if it is dynamic, I'm not certain as to the results.

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
                  This is good enough....  I'll try to get it fixed in tonight's release.  Alan S, Doc Monkey, if you see this, get with me on IM this weekend if possible.

                  Chief LST Chimp
                  Strange Monkey
                  MM Race Dragon
                  Good to know it worked, but based on the docs i would NEVER get near
                  it. Here follows what's on the 4.1.4 docs:

                  -------------------
                  Tag Name:SKILLPOINTS

                              Variable(s) Used:Numeric

                                          Example(s):BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|x

                  WHAT IT DOES: Adds to the number of skill ranks gained when the
                  character gains a level. Not retroactive
                  -------------------

                  Where should i report this for a fix? Here? Tracker? The other PCGen
                  group?

                  Felipe Diniz

                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
                  > Okay, this seemed to work:
                  >
                  > XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
                  > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|-1|PRELEVELMAX:1
                  >
                  > A character with +0 INT got 20 skill points at 1st level ( (4+0)
                  > x4+4 ), and 6 at 2nd ( (4+0)+2 ).
                  >
                  > Thanks for the help, both of you. :)
                  >
                  > -Ian

                • Felipe F. Diniz