Re: [REPOST] Extra skill points at first level only?

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
      > Try this (i haven't tested my self, but...)
      >
      > XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
      > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|2|PRELEVELMAX:1

      Felipe,

      Thanks, but that didn't work out, either. Doesn't seem like the
      SKILLPOINTS are getting adjusted. :\

      -Ian
    • Felipe F. Diniz
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
        Then it looks like SKILLPOINTS does not accept PRExxx....

        If i come up with anything, i'll let you know

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...>
        wrote:
        > > Try this (i haven't tested my self, but...)
        > >
        > > XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
        > > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|2|PRELEVELMAX:1
        >
        > Felipe,
        >
        > Thanks, but that didn't work out, either. Doesn't seem like the
        > SKILLPOINTS are getting adjusted. :\
        >
        > -Ian
      • Ian Dale
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
          For the heck of it, I tried just using BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|5 (so it's
          obvious if there was a change), and it certainly looks like
          SKILLPOINTS isn't working. :\

          -Ian

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
            It's not that.

            It has to have a subtag and a delinator first.  BONUS:SKILLPOINTS only has one deliminator ATM: NUMBER...  that adjusts the number of skillpoints granted each level from that point on by the number given.. . It is breaking at the "2" deliminator, going not found, and doing nothing.

            Chief LST Chimp
            Strange Monkey
            MM Race Dragon
            Then it looks like SKILLPOINTS does not accept PRExxx....

            If i come up with anything, i'll let you know

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...>
            wrote:
            > > Try this (i haven't tested my self, but...)
            > >
            > > XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
            > > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|2|PRELEVELMAX:1
            >
            > Felipe,
            >
            > Thanks, but that didn't work out, either. Doesn't seem like the
            > SKILLPOINTS are getting adjusted. :\
            >
            > -Ian
          • Ian Dale
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
              wrote:
              > It's not that.
              >
              > It has to have a subtag and a delinator first. BONUS:SKILLPOINTS
              only has one deliminator ATM: NUMBER... that adjusts the number of
              skillpoints granted each level from that point on by the number
              given.. . It is breaking at the "2" deliminator, going not found, and
              doing nothing.

              So then would BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER=x be the proper syntax? (And
              does x need to be a constant, or can it be an expression?)

              Thanks,
              -Ian
            • Ian Dale
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
                Okay, this seemed to work:

                XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
                BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|-1|PRELEVELMAX:1

                A character with +0 INT got 20 skill points at 1st level ( (4+0)
                x4+4 ), and 6 at 2nd ( (4+0)+2 ).

                Thanks for the help, both of you. :)

                -Ian

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-
                gwaith@l...>
                > wrote:
                > > It's not that.
                > >
                > > It has to have a subtag and a delinator first. BONUS:SKILLPOINTS
                > only has one deliminator ATM: NUMBER... that adjusts the number of
                > skillpoints granted each level from that point on by the number
                > given.. . It is breaking at the "2" deliminator, going not found,
                and
                > doing nothing.
                >
                > So then would BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER=x be the proper syntax? (And
                > does x need to be a constant, or can it be an expression?)
                >
                > Thanks,
                > -Ian
              • Felipe F. Diniz
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
                  Good to know it worked, but based on the docs i would NEVER get near
                  it. Here follows what's on the 4.1.4 docs:

                  -------------------
                  Tag Name:SKILLPOINTS

                  Variable(s) Used:Numeric

                  Example(s):BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|x

                  WHAT IT DOES: Adds to the number of skill ranks gained when the
                  character gains a level. Not retroactive
                  -------------------

                  Where should i report this for a fix? Here? Tracker? The other PCGen
                  group?

                  Felipe Diniz

                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
                    BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|x   BONUS:<subtag>|<deliminator>|<formula>|<Optional TYPE=>|<optional PRExxx's>

                    X can be a formula, but if it is dynamic, I'm not certain as to the results.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 6, 2002
                      This is good enough....  I'll try to get it fixed in tonight's release.  Alan S, Doc Monkey, if you see this, get with me on IM this weekend if possible.

                      Chief LST Chimp
                      Strange Monkey
                      MM Race Dragon
                      Good to know it worked, but based on the docs i would NEVER get near
                      it. Here follows what's on the 4.1.4 docs:

                      -------------------
                      Tag Name:SKILLPOINTS

                                  Variable(s) Used:Numeric

                                              Example(s):BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|x

                      WHAT IT DOES: Adds to the number of skill ranks gained when the
                      character gains a level. Not retroactive
                      -------------------

                      Where should i report this for a fix? Here? Tracker? The other PCGen
                      group?

                      Felipe Diniz

                      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
                      > Okay, this seemed to work:
                      >
                      > XTRASKILLPTSPERLEVEL:2
                      > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER|-1|PRELEVELMAX:1
                      >
                      > A character with +0 INT got 20 skill points at 1st level ( (4+0)
                      > x4+4 ), and 6 at 2nd ( (4+0)+2 ).
                      >
                      > Thanks for the help, both of you. :)
                      >
                      > -Ian

                    • Felipe F. Diniz