Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: CSKILL

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
      > 5.7.4 - RSRD - NG Human Clr 1 / Ftr 1 - 10s in all stats.
      >
      > Took Cleric first, chose Animal (get Knowledge (nature) as CSKILL)
      > and Travel (get Survival as CSKILL). Put 4 ranks each in Knowledge
      > (nature), Knowledge (religion) and Survival.
      >
      > Take level of Fighter. Knowledge (nature) and Survival don't show up
      > as class skills for Fighter.

      Yep, CSKILL in the class.lst

      > 5.7.4 - MSRD - Human Charismatic Hero 1 / Strong Hero 1 - 10s in all
      > stats
      >
      > Took Cha first, chose Student Occupations, chose Computer Use,
      > Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (technology) as class skills. Put 4
      > ranks in those skills. Chose Strong heror. All 3 show up as class
      > skills.

      Yep, from a feat (or is it a template now?)

      Yay, I got an answer right this week. :)

      Barak
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
        >> Took Cleric first, chose Animal (get Knowledge (nature) as CSKILL)
        >> and Travel (get Survival as CSKILL). Put 4 ranks each in Knowledge
        >> (nature), Knowledge (religion) and Survival.
        >>
        >> Take level of Fighter. Knowledge (nature) and Survival don't show
        >> up as class skills for Fighter.
        >
        > Yep, CSKILL in the class.lst

        Ummm...those skills are declared in domain.lst, not the class.lst

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
          > Ummm...those skills are declared in domain.lst, not the class.lst

          Hehe... I just can't win. I guess I'll just shut up unless I'm at home
          and can test what I post about. :p

          Barak
        • tir_gwaith
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
            Note to self: don't go checking ListFileHelp while on vacation....

            CSKILL is (sorta) global, and will make the listed skills Class
            skills for ALL classes, so long as it is not in classes.lst or
            domains.lst

            In classes.lst, it grants the CSKILL only to the class it is
            actually in.

            In domains.lst, it grants a CSKILL only to the classes that grant
            the domain.

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp