Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] CSKILL

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
      Its a Global tag so it makes it a class skill when its outside a class line.
      Probably works the same in a class line. A quick experiment would answer
      that. Got time to test it?

      If it does limit it when used in a class line the docs will need to be
      updated.

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
        > Its a Global tag so it makes it a class skill when its outside a
        > class line. Probably works the same in a class line. A quick
        > experiment would answer that. Got time to test it?
        >
        > If it does limit it when used in a class line the docs will need to
        > be updated.

        Alright, here's what I found.

        5.7.4 - RSRD - NG Human Clr 1 / Ftr 1 - 10s in all stats.

        Took Cleric first, chose Animal (get Knowledge (nature) as CSKILL)
        and Travel (get Survival as CSKILL). Put 4 ranks each in Knowledge
        (nature), Knowledge (religion) and Survival.

        Take level of Fighter. Knowledge (nature) and Survival don't show up
        as class skills for Fighter.

        5.7.4 - MSRD - Human Charismatic Hero 1 / Strong Hero 1 - 10s in all
        stats

        Took Cha first, chose Student Occupations, chose Computer Use,
        Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (technology) as class skills. Put 4
        ranks in those skills. Chose Strong heror. All 3 show up as class
        skills.

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
          > 5.7.4 - RSRD - NG Human Clr 1 / Ftr 1 - 10s in all stats.
          >
          > Took Cleric first, chose Animal (get Knowledge (nature) as CSKILL)
          > and Travel (get Survival as CSKILL). Put 4 ranks each in Knowledge
          > (nature), Knowledge (religion) and Survival.
          >
          > Take level of Fighter. Knowledge (nature) and Survival don't show up
          > as class skills for Fighter.

          Yep, CSKILL in the class.lst

          > 5.7.4 - MSRD - Human Charismatic Hero 1 / Strong Hero 1 - 10s in all
          > stats
          >
          > Took Cha first, chose Student Occupations, chose Computer Use,
          > Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (technology) as class skills. Put 4
          > ranks in those skills. Chose Strong heror. All 3 show up as class
          > skills.

          Yep, from a feat (or is it a template now?)

          Yay, I got an answer right this week. :)

          Barak
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
            >> Took Cleric first, chose Animal (get Knowledge (nature) as CSKILL)
            >> and Travel (get Survival as CSKILL). Put 4 ranks each in Knowledge
            >> (nature), Knowledge (religion) and Survival.
            >>
            >> Take level of Fighter. Knowledge (nature) and Survival don't show
            >> up as class skills for Fighter.
            >
            > Yep, CSKILL in the class.lst

            Ummm...those skills are declared in domain.lst, not the class.lst

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
              > Ummm...those skills are declared in domain.lst, not the class.lst

              Hehe... I just can't win. I guess I'll just shut up unless I'm at home
              and can test what I post about. :p

              Barak
            • tir_gwaith
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3, 2004
                Note to self: don't go checking ListFileHelp while on vacation....

                CSKILL is (sorta) global, and will make the listed skills Class
                skills for ALL classes, so long as it is not in classes.lst or
                domains.lst

                In classes.lst, it grants the CSKILL only to the class it is
                actually in.

                In domains.lst, it grants a CSKILL only to the classes that grant
                the domain.

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp