CSKILL, TYPE, & Feats

  • Timothy J. Lanza
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
      I'm trying to create a feat that turns all Knowledge skills into class skills. The documentation seems to indicate that CSKILL is a global tag, and the correct invocation would be is CSKILL:TYPE=Knowledge, but it doesn't seem to be working.

      Any clues?

      --
      Timothy J. Lanza
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
        CSKILL:TYPE.Knowledge

        In CSKILL, it's TYPE. (period) instead of TYPE=

        Eventually, we want to standardize them all......

        Chief LST Chimp
        Strange Monkey
        MM Race Dragon

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
          At 07:46 PM 11/4/2002, you wrote:
          >CSKILL:TYPE.Knowledge
          >
          >In CSKILL, it's TYPE. (period) instead of TYPE=
          >
          >Eventually, we want to standardize them all......

          Actually, that's what I originally had. It doesn't work either.

          In any case, somebody needs to let the Doc Monkeys know what it's going to be once it works. The 4.1.4 docs use an equal sign.

          --
          Timothy J. Lanza
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
            Ok.. Actually, it does work.  What I think you are missing without seeing your file is TYPE:Knowledge in the skill..  The TYPE doesn't go off of the name of a skill, but off the TYPE tag.  All Knowledge skills should have TYPE:Intelligence.Knowledge in them.

            and thanks for the Doc mention.  I've updated the docs to be a little clearer (though I'm not a doc monkey... I'll let them make it prettier.)

            Chief LST Chimp
            Strange Monkey
            MM Race Dragon

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
              At 05:50 AM 11/5/2002, Tir Gwaith wrote:
              >Ok.. Actually, it does work. What I think you are missing without seeing your file is TYPE:Knowledge in the skill.. The TYPE doesn't go off of the name of a skill, but off the TYPE tag. All Knowledge skills should have TYPE:Intelligence.Knowledge in them.

              The list of skills I'm using in conjunction with the feat is the PHB.

              I just tried something, and it does work, but not correctly. In order for it to function, I have to close and re-open the character. Only *after* doing so, do the skills show up as class skills.

              >and thanks for the Doc mention. I've updated the docs to be a little clearer (though I'm not a doc monkey... I'll let them make it prettier.)

              Not a problem.

              --
              Timothy J. Lanza