subrace chooser

  • Lonestar
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
      Hi!

      Could someone please point me to a working example of a subrace
      chooser? I'm trying to fix my old campaign files and obviously the old
      syntax doesn't work anymore....

      Best regards,
      Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
    • Timothy J. Lanza
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
        I'm trying to create a feat that turns all Knowledge skills into class skills. The documentation seems to indicate that CSKILL is a global tag, and the correct invocation would be is CSKILL:TYPE=Knowledge, but it doesn't seem to be working.

        Any clues?

        --
        Timothy J. Lanza
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
          CSKILL:TYPE.Knowledge

          In CSKILL, it's TYPE. (period) instead of TYPE=

          Eventually, we want to standardize them all......

          Chief LST Chimp
          Strange Monkey
          MM Race Dragon

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
            At 07:46 PM 11/4/2002, you wrote:
            >CSKILL:TYPE.Knowledge
            >
            >In CSKILL, it's TYPE. (period) instead of TYPE=
            >
            >Eventually, we want to standardize them all......

            Actually, that's what I originally had. It doesn't work either.

            In any case, somebody needs to let the Doc Monkeys know what it's going to be once it works. The 4.1.4 docs use an equal sign.

            --
            Timothy J. Lanza
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
              Ok.. Actually, it does work.  What I think you are missing without seeing your file is TYPE:Knowledge in the skill..  The TYPE doesn't go off of the name of a skill, but off the TYPE tag.  All Knowledge skills should have TYPE:Intelligence.Knowledge in them.

              and thanks for the Doc mention.  I've updated the docs to be a little clearer (though I'm not a doc monkey... I'll let them make it prettier.)

              Chief LST Chimp
              Strange Monkey
              MM Race Dragon

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
                At 05:50 AM 11/5/2002, Tir Gwaith wrote:
                >Ok.. Actually, it does work. What I think you are missing without seeing your file is TYPE:Knowledge in the skill.. The TYPE doesn't go off of the name of a skill, but off the TYPE tag. All Knowledge skills should have TYPE:Intelligence.Knowledge in them.

                The list of skills I'm using in conjunction with the feat is the PHB.

                I just tried something, and it does work, but not correctly. In order for it to function, I have to close and re-open the character. Only *after* doing so, do the skills show up as class skills.

                >and thanks for the Doc mention. I've updated the docs to be a little clearer (though I'm not a doc monkey... I'll let them make it prettier.)

                Not a problem.

                --
                Timothy J. Lanza