Re: How to remove prerequisite from feat?

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2002
      No problem. :)

      I believe that they're looking at getting the other usages of .CLEAR
      to work, but when in doubt, this will work. :) (Needed to clear
      racial abilities from a couple prestige classes, myself, and this is
      what I ended up being told to do after things like PRERACE:.CLEAR
      didn't work.)

      -Ian

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "allencohn" <allen@c...> wrote:
      > That did the trick. Thanks!
      >
      > Allen
      >

      > > Unless it's changed recently, you'll probably have to clear ALL
      > > prerequisites (PRE:.CLEAR).
      > >
      > > -Ian
    • Lonestar
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
        Hi!

        Could someone please point me to a working example of a subrace
        chooser? I'm trying to fix my old campaign files and obviously the old
        syntax doesn't work anymore....

        Best regards,
        Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
      • Timothy J. Lanza
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
          I'm trying to create a feat that turns all Knowledge skills into class skills. The documentation seems to indicate that CSKILL is a global tag, and the correct invocation would be is CSKILL:TYPE=Knowledge, but it doesn't seem to be working.

          Any clues?

          --
          Timothy J. Lanza
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
            CSKILL:TYPE.Knowledge

            In CSKILL, it's TYPE. (period) instead of TYPE=

            Eventually, we want to standardize them all......

            Chief LST Chimp
            Strange Monkey
            MM Race Dragon

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
              At 07:46 PM 11/4/2002, you wrote:
              >CSKILL:TYPE.Knowledge
              >
              >In CSKILL, it's TYPE. (period) instead of TYPE=
              >
              >Eventually, we want to standardize them all......

              Actually, that's what I originally had. It doesn't work either.

              In any case, somebody needs to let the Doc Monkeys know what it's going to be once it works. The 4.1.4 docs use an equal sign.

              --
              Timothy J. Lanza
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
                Ok.. Actually, it does work.  What I think you are missing without seeing your file is TYPE:Knowledge in the skill..  The TYPE doesn't go off of the name of a skill, but off the TYPE tag.  All Knowledge skills should have TYPE:Intelligence.Knowledge in them.

                and thanks for the Doc mention.  I've updated the docs to be a little clearer (though I'm not a doc monkey... I'll let them make it prettier.)

                Chief LST Chimp
                Strange Monkey
                MM Race Dragon

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
                  At 05:50 AM 11/5/2002, Tir Gwaith wrote:
                  >Ok.. Actually, it does work. What I think you are missing without seeing your file is TYPE:Knowledge in the skill.. The TYPE doesn't go off of the name of a skill, but off the TYPE tag. All Knowledge skills should have TYPE:Intelligence.Knowledge in them.

                  The list of skills I'm using in conjunction with the feat is the PHB.

                  I just tried something, and it does work, but not correctly. In order for it to function, I have to close and re-open the character. Only *after* doing so, do the skills show up as class skills.

                  >and thanks for the Doc mention. I've updated the docs to be a little clearer (though I'm not a doc monkey... I'll let them make it prettier.)

                  Not a problem.

                  --
                  Timothy J. Lanza