Re: How to remove prerequisite from feat?

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
      That did the trick. Thanks!

      Allen

      > Unless it's changed recently, you'll probably have to clear ALL
      > prerequisites (PRE:.CLEAR).
      >
      > -Ian
    • Ian Dale
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2002
        No problem. :)

        I believe that they're looking at getting the other usages of .CLEAR
        to work, but when in doubt, this will work. :) (Needed to clear
        racial abilities from a couple prestige classes, myself, and this is
        what I ended up being told to do after things like PRERACE:.CLEAR
        didn't work.)

        -Ian

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "allencohn" <allen@c...> wrote:
        > That did the trick. Thanks!
        >
        > Allen
        >

        > > Unless it's changed recently, you'll probably have to clear ALL
        > > prerequisites (PRE:.CLEAR).
        > >
        > > -Ian
      • Lonestar
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
          Hi!

          Could someone please point me to a working example of a subrace
          chooser? I'm trying to fix my old campaign files and obviously the old
          syntax doesn't work anymore....

          Best regards,
          Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
        • Timothy J. Lanza
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
            I'm trying to create a feat that turns all Knowledge skills into class skills. The documentation seems to indicate that CSKILL is a global tag, and the correct invocation would be is CSKILL:TYPE=Knowledge, but it doesn't seem to be working.

            Any clues?

            --
            Timothy J. Lanza
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
              CSKILL:TYPE.Knowledge

              In CSKILL, it's TYPE. (period) instead of TYPE=

              Eventually, we want to standardize them all......

              Chief LST Chimp
              Strange Monkey
              MM Race Dragon

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                At 07:46 PM 11/4/2002, you wrote:
                >CSKILL:TYPE.Knowledge
                >
                >In CSKILL, it's TYPE. (period) instead of TYPE=
                >
                >Eventually, we want to standardize them all......

                Actually, that's what I originally had. It doesn't work either.

                In any case, somebody needs to let the Doc Monkeys know what it's going to be once it works. The 4.1.4 docs use an equal sign.

                --
                Timothy J. Lanza
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
                  Ok.. Actually, it does work.  What I think you are missing without seeing your file is TYPE:Knowledge in the skill..  The TYPE doesn't go off of the name of a skill, but off the TYPE tag.  All Knowledge skills should have TYPE:Intelligence.Knowledge in them.

                  and thanks for the Doc mention.  I've updated the docs to be a little clearer (though I'm not a doc monkey... I'll let them make it prettier.)

                  Chief LST Chimp
                  Strange Monkey
                  MM Race Dragon

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
                    At 05:50 AM 11/5/2002, Tir Gwaith wrote:
                    >Ok.. Actually, it does work. What I think you are missing without seeing your file is TYPE:Knowledge in the skill.. The TYPE doesn't go off of the name of a skill, but off the TYPE tag. All Knowledge skills should have TYPE:Intelligence.Knowledge in them.

                    The list of skills I'm using in conjunction with the feat is the PHB.

                    I just tried something, and it does work, but not correctly. In order for it to function, I have to close and re-open the character. Only *after* doing so, do the skills show up as class skills.

                    >and thanks for the Doc mention. I've updated the docs to be a little clearer (though I'm not a doc monkey... I'll let them make it prettier.)

                    Not a problem.

                    --
                    Timothy J. Lanza